Abigail is a young girl who, long ago, stopped believing that Easter eggs were hidden around her house by "The Great Bunny". One Easter morning, however, when she and her brother don't find any eggs, something is up. Then, Abigail is given a gift in the form of what is called a "Wishing Egg". Initially skeptical, from some prodding, Abigail decides to wish to find The Great Bunny.
Abigail then finds herself whisked off to the land of Chocolate, and soon discovers that the reason there's no eggs in her house is because The Great Bunny has been kidnapped by the evil weasels. So, Abigail decides she has to save The Great Bunny, and Easter.
The Tale Of The Great Bunny contains examples of:
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Played for Laughs. When the Weasel King is given Abigail's wishing egg as a gift, he's so moved he wishes for enough chocolate to share with her, the Great Bunny, and everyone else in the whole world. Cue the tunnels being flooded with chocolate eggs.
- Easter Bunny: Only, in this case, he is called "The Great Bunny".
- HeelFace Turn: The Weasel King has one at the end.
- Kid Hero: Abigail.
- Purple Is Powerful: The Wishing Egg is purple.
- White Bunny: The Great Bunny's fur is white.
- Wicked Weasel: The Great Bunny is kidnapped by the weasels.
- Youthful Freckles: Abigail has freckles on her face.