Spaced Out (Allo la Terre, ici les Martin in French) was a French-Canadian cartoon from 2002, produced by Alphanim and Cartoon Network Europe.
George Martin, who lives in a regular neighborhood with his family, gets a job at a company called Krach Industries after his application is accidentally blown by the wind into the selection of chosen candidates for the job. As a result, George ends up becoming the director of a secret space station which is a giant dome containing an Earth-like town; as part of an experiment by Krach Industries, the Martins have to live in this space station, where there are other people living as well (including their neighbor and teacher).
This show provides examples of:
- A God Am I: George starts to act with delusions of granduer after his mother convinces him that, as he controls the weather and day/night cycle for the station he is more than just the handyman everybody treats him as.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Fax and Goodgrief, the Martin family's pet dog and cat. The dog is yellow, which isn't too unusual of a color for such an animal, but the cat is blue.
- Artificial Gravity: The Krach Industries space dome has artificial gravity that can be switched on or off at any time.
- Black Dude Dies First: One episode had a black Krach Industries suit that got dissolved by acidic pulp which security aimed at an escaped experimental organism that had to be taken out at all costs.
- The Ditz: As one of the Krach Industries employees puts it, George Martin is "Educated, but not too smart. Eager, but not too smart. Obedient, but not too smart."
- Domed Hometown: The Martins are made to live in a town contained in the Krach Industries space dome as part of the company's experiment.
- Painting the Frost on Windows: The Krach Industries space dome has a switch to manually turn its sun on or off, changing the daytime to nighttime or vice versa. Justified since it's an artificial sun, with it being in a space dome and all.
- The Scully: George does not believe in aliens. Not even when the station gets invaded.
- Short-Runner: Ran for a single 26-episode season.
- Talking Animal: Fax and Goodgrief, the Martins' family pets.