In an Alternate Universe Earth, there are two types of men: those who seek and gain power, and those who get their asses kicked thanks to a lack thereof. Some speak of a mystical artifact called the Power Drive, which can supposedly grant incredible power to the one who holds it. Enter Hotaru Myoujou; renegade, Rōnin, and total jerk. Loads of mindless violence and action abound as he searches for the Power Drive.
This series provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Aside from the modern slang in a fantasy-based milieu, the most recent chapter features two men with swords being attacked by a man with an alchemically-powered chaingun.
- Art Shift: A random shift to a black and white page to emphasize change in location.
- Captain Ersatz: Qingting for Ling.
- Epic Flail: Flotsam wields a Meteor Hammer, a gigantic ball on a chain.
- Five-Man Band
- Gatling Good: The aforementioned alchemic chaingun.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Parodied with Flotsam's weapon; its name is Japanese, but was intended to translate to Gratuitous Japanese Name.
- Professional Killer: Qingting and Karasu.
- The Rival: The Mongoose to Hotaru.
- Rule of Cool: Basically the whole point of the series.
- Shout-Out: Oh god so many.
- Blade of the Immortal: A discussion held in this page.
- Ace Attorney: A one-shot character the page before that bears a remarkable resemblance to a witness in the first game's first case.
- Naruto: Another one-shot character in the second chapter is visually based off of Lady Tsunade.
- Not to mention all the chapter titles are based off of song titles.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: In their first confrontation, Furet manages to pull this off in plain view of Hotaru.