Follow the investigations of Simoon Lee, a detective who can see ghosts. Joining him on his adventures are Sophia Kang, an FBI agent who has come to Korea to deal with the supernatural terrorist organization known as somos, Baram, the son of an exorcist who's pretty good at it himself, and whatever Tenka is.
The story kicks off with Simoon investigating an arson-murder case with his friend Slate. Soon, however, he discovers that there's more to this case than meets the eye. Literally.
Simoon soon finds that the perpetrator of the murder was none other than the father of two out of the three victims, and the husband to the third. As a result of the murder the ghost of his youngest daughter has become a vengeful spirit.
She attempts to kill her father and Simoon, being a detective, is not about to let that happen. He does his best to protect the man but it doesn't seem to be enough. That's when a mysterious swordsman from Japan named Tenka steps in to help out (Simoon had met him earlier as he complained about his clothes being damaged by him).
Simoon then has a brief flash of memory of a charm that his grandmother gave him in case he saw ghosts again. He takes out the charm and it accidentally gets burned, unleashing Simoon's power, whoch takes the form of lightning. And that's all she wrote.
Soon Simoon finds himself embroiled in a conspiracy by the supernatural terrorist organization Somos. In order to stop them, and to help out spirits, he joins the Supernatural Investigation Department.
It can be found here.
Supernatural Investigation Department provides examples of:
- Butt-Monkey: Tenka
- Footnote Fever: There are footnotes ocassionally that explain what things are or translate something that's not written in english.
- I See Dead People: Naturally. All our protagonists and (non-ghost) villains can see ghosts.
- Just a Kid: If Baram had a nickle for everytime he heard that...
- Katanas Are Just Better: Tenka wields a katana. Might be justified since he's from Japan.
- Oddly Small Organization: SOMOS consists of maybe 5 or 6 people. And yet they've caused problems in multiple countries.
- Paranormal Investigation: In case you couldn't tell by the title.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Simon, Tenka, and Baram all got their unusual hair colors from gaining powers. Sophia's hair also changed colors from power related stuff but the hair is still normal colored, more or less (her original hair color was brown).
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Hmmm... lets see. A detective who can see ghosts and was picked on as a kid because of his shaman grandmother, a child with blue hair who is more advanced than some of the adults in the comic, An FBI agent who spent a good part of her childhood with a paranormal affliction rendering her mute and sickly, and a red haired swordsman who was picked on as a kid for seeing ghosts and spends a lot of time as the comic relief. Yep, sounds like they fit the bill.
- Running Gag: There's a running gag of Simoon accidentally hitting Tenka in the face. Also, Tenka's clothes getting ruined.
- Thinly-Veiled Dub Country Change: Averted. The comic still takes place in Seoul, South Korea regardless of language.
- Vengeful Ghost: Many of the ghosts are vengeful. Though, a lot of them are only vengeful because of Somos.
- Villainesses Want Heroes: Linlin seems to like Tenka a bit to much.
- You Can See Me?: Occasionally, ghosts will have this reaction.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Baram has blue hair, Tenka has red hair, Simoon has black hair with a white streak.