The Sunder Hunt is a Skyrim fan comic created by Kytic. First published in May of 2021, according to the artist the first chapter was originally penned in 2014, art and all. New pages are posted every Monday.
The story follows the would-be Dragonborn, who is not a seasoned warrior but rather a healer, and while quite courageous she's otherwise inexperienced and reckless. Determined to meet destiny head on as best she can the Dragonborn seeks out and joins the Companions, hoping to hone her swordsmanship with their guidance (much to the chagrin of Vilkas). Unfortunately for all involved the Companions so happen to harbor a divisive dark secret and recklessness and secrets don't mix particularly well.
The main site for the comic is hosted by ComicFury but it can also be read on Kytic's DeviantArt. A mobile version of the comic was also published on Webtoon Canvas and can be found here.
The Sunder Hunt provides examples of:
- For Want of a Nail: The story starts off exactly as the Companion questline typically does, only to be derailed when the first encounter with the Silver Hand goes very, very wrong.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Discussed. Farkas explains pretty pointedly that Vilkas doesn't go all out when facing off against new recruits in the initiation trial. It's likely an explanation for how the Master At Arms of the Companions could lose to a Dragonborn who, at least in this story, isn't especially experienced in combat.
- Magic is Evil: Vilkas seems to have this attitude towards magic, somewhat more explicitly than he does in the game. Notably, he turns down the protagonist's offer to heal a cut over his eye that leaves a notable scar.
- No Name Given: Thus far the protagonist's name has not been given, either by the character herself or by others in casual dialogue.
- Silver Bullet: Warriors of the Silver Hand seem to use silvered weapons, for obvious reasons. A deep wound inflicted by such a blade kicks off the plot as Farkas starts to succumb to silver poisoning.