Welcome to Special School.
This is the tale of a government-sanctioned class for super-powered humans, offered as part of the curriculum in a small-town university in upstate New York. The university gets extra funding, the students get course credit and special powers training, the government gets a well-trained, civic-minded generation of super-powered humans with some measure of debt and/or gratitude toward them; everybody's happy. At least, in theory. On Hiatus since Christmas 2012.
This series has examples of:
- A God Am I: Nefarius. He's more or less right.
- Anything That Moves: Manny. Bisexual and not picky, although he's currently kind of dating the bouncer of a local nightclub for supers.
- Badass Teacher: Coach Julian. He is a superhero, after all.
- The Casanova: Manny.
- Code Name: They're not supposed to have them.
- Cool Teacher: Again, Coach Julian.
- Cyborg: Karne, Manny's kind-of boyfriend.
- Dope Slap: Ruby to Iain.
- Extranormal Institute: Obviously, although it's more of a "course" than an "institute."
- Fanservice: The shower scene.
- Kinda Busy Here: Something of a Running Gag.
- Mistaken for Gay: Iain.
- Mundane Utility: Ruby uses her power to start the stove because the ignitions broken.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Iain. It's not his skin that's invulnerable, though - whenever he's hit with something, purple armour appears on the area of impact before he can be hurt.
- Power Trio: Iain, Ruby, and Manny.
- Psychic Powers: Manny, although not in the typical sense. He knows subconsciously exactly what to say/do to get what he wants. This makes him very good at talking people into bed. He's also used it to talk a veritable god out of leaving Earth, at least temporarily. He is, according to his bio on the cast page, "potentially the most powerful telepath on the planet."
- Secret Identity: It was Iain's secret identity being penetrated that set off the plot.
- Shockand Awe: Ruby.
- Shout-Out: The Apartment that they live in is called Christopher Reeves Residential. Also Iain wears shirts referencing other superheros.
- Super Registration Act: ARMS.
- And Then What?
- Flat "What": 5 Jan 2010. The comic's author also have one in the comments here. And here.