In 2012, the series' name was changed from X Meets Y to A Yajirobe Tale.
The first chapter deals with Julia Jones, who is being investigated by the mysterious, much-malinged Seal of Uroboros. Yajirobe observes two Templars of the Seal trying to search Dr. Jones' house, only to run into her secret himself.
Contains examples of:
- Alt Text: On most early pages. Dropped later on
- And That's Terrible: When Julia allows Yajirobe into her home, he helps himself to all of her fruit. She doesn't realize until after he's left.
- A Day in the Limelight
- Expy: Several:
- The rival character featured in the cover page and in the first page resembles Dante with his long red coat and lightly colored hair. In the cover for the second chapter, his color scheme was changed to downplay the resemblance to Dante.
- Vipo. See Mix-and-Match Critters below.
- The female Templar resembles Android 18.
- Julia is an insufferable scientist like Bulma.
- Failed a Spot Check: The Templars carry the seal of King Furry, the highest authority in the land of Dragon Ball. Yajirobe doesn't recognize it.
- Fun with Acronyms: Vipo's name is actually an acronym.
- Growling Gut
- Insufferable Genius: Dr. Jones. She can be outright rude.
- Male Gaze
- Ms. Fanservice: Dr. Jones .
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Vipo looks kind of like a cat-slash-Jigglypuff, yet has a gelatinous, slightly translucent appearance. And wings.
- Ret Gone: Fun fact: The series first opened with two totally different pages. You will never find them. Ever. They've long been replaced with one new page.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Vipo.
- Schedule Slip
- The Stoic or The Voiceless: The only female templar seen thus far had no dialog.
- Sunday Strip: Was this before Schedule Slip hit hard.
- Those Two Guys: The two Templars.
- Tsundere: Dr. Jones, Type A.