- More like the Anti Anti Christ.
- And it will be the last. Either the main characters will prevent another reboot or God will realize his error and feels he's punished Satan long enough.
- And it has since been revealed that Devilman Saga will actually be the final incarnation of the Devilman universe.
The end of the manga makes it very clear that Professor Asuka never did any research on demons, which calls into question if any of what Ryo said about his father was true. So what really happened to the professor? It's possible that the demons out and out killed him after Satan assumed Ryo's identity for the sake of The Masquerade and the backstory was another one of Psycho Jenny's implanted memories, but there's no reason why Psycho Jenny couldn't have just hypnotized him like she did Satan. Maybe the Broad Strokes of the story took place, but Ryo's explanation inverted the motivation behind the professor's actions.
Going from this, Professor Asuka did become a devilman, but:
- Instead of killing the family dog out of demonic blood-lust, he killed it because it had been taken over by a demon and tried to kill him.
- Instead of the demon inside the professor trying to kill Ryo, it was the professor himself taking action after realizing that "Ryo" was not really Ryo (possibly learned from the memories of the demon that possessed him). Rather than his human side taking over and committing suicide to protect Ryo, it was the demon sacrificing itself and its host to protect Lord Satan.
Ryo was not consciously aware of his true self until much later, so he would not have known any of this and was only going based on what he observed.
Because at some point, Siren's going to realize the obvious win-win of becoming one with Miki would allow her to be with Amon, keep Miki alive, and possibly avert the rebooting nature of the universe/
Satan says that he "won" when he fought against God and then froze himself. Why would he decide to freeze ? Because he landed a killing blow on God, but needed to wait until God ended "bleeding out". God's actions during the bombing are actually his final death and the angels coming to Satan are seeking revenge for the death of their father.
Some fans have noticed that Ryo/Satan is a lot more of a Jerkass in Crybaby compared to the rest of the series, even lacking his epiphany that he's just as bad as God. This may be a result of him being forced into an endless loop of lifetimes where he falls in love with Akira and then has to deal with his inevitable death subconsciously wearing down on him, even if he doesn't know it's happening.
- In the Old Testament and in Jewish thought Satan is thought of more as a "celestial prosecutor" meant to test the moral worthiness of humans. This is showcased pretty clearly in the Book of Job. If you wanted to go with this interpretation Satan was meant to moderate the Earth, but became too complacent with the morality of the demons and started making excuses for them. God of course went Noah's Flood/Sodom and Gomorah on their asses, and Satan wasn't happy about it.
- In the first version of Devilman, when Akira put on the Demon Mask he saw a moth/butterfly demon named Irufuno being killed by a stag beetle/sauropod demon named Waze, but in the OVA Devilman: the Birth Irufuno Merged with a plant demon and killed Waze.
- In the first edition of Devilman the spider demons invading the school are lead by the Demon General Zann, while in the Delux Edition they were lead by a demon spider web named Rasber.
- In the manga and Cyborg 009 Vs Devilman, Jinmen used a little girl Akira used to babysit as his shield in his shell, in the OVA, Novel and DEVILMAN Crybaby it was Akiras mother.
- Likewise in the manga Akira fought Sirene first and then Jinmen, in the OVA and Crybaby he fought Jinmen before Sirene.
- The real purpose of the time loops is to get humanity and Satan/Ryo to understand the true value of love. The fact that they consistently fuck up and give in to their paranoia and violent, hateful emotions deeply disappoints him — explaining why he keeps resetting the loop. The one time that they actually pass his test and don't fuck up the planet, God will leave them be and let time pass normally with no further resets.