In the game, you play as a woman who works the night shift at a local convenience store. This week looks like it'll be the same as any other. But on the first night of the week, you receive a package that contains a videotape. Curious, you take it home and watch it the next night.
From that point on, things start getting weird.
The game was released on February 17th, 2020.
The Convenience Store contains examples of:
- Always Night: Justified as the Player Character working the night shift at the convenience store.
- Featureless Protagonist: All you know about your character is that she's a woman because she's referred to as such at one point and her voice is feminine.
- Infinite Flashlight: Your flashlight never seems to need new batteries.
- Little Black Dress: A woman dresses in a black dress in shoes shows up at one point. She gives you a protection talisman.
- Location Title: The game is named after where the Player Character works.
- Multiple Endings: The game has a good and bad ending, which hinges on what is done with the final tape.
- Bad Ending, which happens if the player decides to watch or trash the last tape. During the night, the ghost of the woman shows up in your bed and kills you.
- Good ending, which happens if the player decides to send the last tape to someone else. The player ends up surviving and quitting her job. She figures out the backstory of that store and what happened, but goes on to avoid the store for as long as she can. However, one night, she sees the woman and the child again when walking past the store.
- Murder-Suicide: The backstory of the game. A husband snapped and killed his son and then his wife before killing himself.
- Notice This: Whatever you can interact with has a bright yellow marker that appears when you're nearby.
- Paper Talisman: A woman in a Little Black Dress gives you a protection talisman one night. You also find a whole bunch that you can use to exorcise a shed behind the store so you can go inside it.
- Screamer Prank: Performed In-Universe by the store manager on the second night, when he jumps out from the lockers as you try to punch in.
- Tears of Blood: The body in the shed behind the fence has blood trickling down his face from his eyes.
- Vengeful Ghost: The ghosts in the game are the ghost of a woman and of a little boy. They were murdered by their husband/father, first the boy and then the woman, when he snapped and then killed himself.
- You Dirty Rat!: The dumpster behind the store gets rooted through by rats on the second night. You need to spray them to get rid of them.