Some kids have gone missing in the area recently. Two school girls and Jin, your son. While the police are conducting an investigation, you receive three photos of the missing kids along with a note saying "Come alone or I'll freeze them to death". Out of desperation, you head to an abandoned inn in the mountains to locate the children.
The game was released on January 2nd, 2020.
Yuki Onna contains examples of:
- Abandoned Area: The game is set in and around an abandoned hotel up in the mountains.
- Adult Fear: The plot is kicked off by kids disappearing. One of them is your son.
- Antagonist Title: The game is named after the Yuki-onna that chases and tries to freeze you.
- Braving the Blizzard: There's a blizzard in the mountain the Player Character's gone to. It's not enough to stop them from searching the area for the missing kids.
- Breath Weapon: The Yuki-Onna attacks you with ice breath when close enough.
- Chainsaw Good: You can grab a chainsaw to use in the game.
- Cobwebs of Disuse: The inn has a healthy number of cobwebs in it.
- An Ice Person: The Yuki Onna will breathe ice at you if she's close enough.
- Kill It with Fire: The only way to end the appalling apparition is after collecting the 7 dolls, get the canister from the block of ice and grab the flame thrower piece.
- Notice This: Items you can pick up give off a green aura.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is played from the Player Character's perspective.
- Yuki-onna: Serves as The Antagonist.