Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge is a 2020 episodic virtual reality Star Wars game for the Oculus Rift, released as a part of the multimedia project promoting the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge theme park.
You, the player, are a simple droid mechanic working under Mubo until your ship is suddenly attacked by pirates from the Guavian Death Gang. Fleeing to the world below, your pod lands in the outskirts of Batuu's Black Spire Outpost. Being hunted down by the Guavians, you'll be exploring the outpost in the meantime until you can find a way off this rock.
Tropes in this game include:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Through Seezelslak's narration, the player will play characters from his stories. As shown in the trailers, one of these stories is about Ady Sun'Zee, a padawan undergoing training from Yoda.
- Bait-and-Switch: After Mubo meets back up with you, Seezelslak suggests you relax for a bit and offers you a drink, and as he's about to mix it, he's about to tell you a story about two Jedi before he realizes that his forager hasn't come back with the drink's ingredients for a while and tells you to stay safe while you look for the ingredients yourself. Seezelslak's story ends up not being told in the first episode.
- Big Bad: Tara Rashin, the leader of a Guavian Death Gang cell.
- Call-Back: "Temple of Darkness" is set in the High Republic era.
- Call-Forward: The ship on the official poster is the Nebular Kelpie, a background ship seen with the citizens' fleet in The Rise of Skywalker.
- Extra Eyes: Seezelslak has six eyes, which is normal for Azumels.
- Framing Device: You will get to play as the characters in Seezelslak's stories.