Saint Hazel's Horsepital is a Stealth/Action game in which the main character is a horse named Hazel. Their best friend, Buddy, has snuck into a human Hospital for medical treatment after the vets couldn't help him, but quickly ends up in over their head. It's up to Hazel to come to the rescue!
- All Girls Like Ponies: Frida, a young girl that absolutely loves Buddy.
- Always Second Best: At the very end, Buddy refers to Frida as his second-best friend after Hazel, which frustrates her.
- Bait-and-Switch: The introduction to the Glue Factory levels, where Buddy is eventually whisked away to, have some workers comment on a conspicuous giant wooden horse statue...before Hazel simply bursts through the building's wall and knocks out everyone in the room.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The final boss is Frida mind-controlling a robot Buddy.
- Christmas Elves: A lot of them appear in the Glue Factory next to the Hospital, as Santa outsources work during the off season.
- Cyborg: Buddy is transferred to a robot body for the final fight. After the battle, he's quite happy about it, since he no longer feels constantly ill.
- Easily Forgiven: At the end, Buddy forgives Frida for mind-controlling him and trying to make him kill Hazel, because she also built his cool new robot body. Hazel seems to go along with it.
- Elaborate Underground Base: The Hospital turns out to be built over a giant Medieval-style Dungeon, where the doctors are working with witches on a mind control experiment.
- Flying Face: One level in the Dungeons has Hazel stalked by a giant floating goblin face that keeps watch over prisoners.
- Functional Addict: Hazel has a drug addiction.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Frida tries to get Hazel snuffed out because Buddy likes them more.
- Ill Boy: Buddy is always seen lying in a bed with a thermometer in their mouth. Until he gets a new body.
- Meaningful Name: Dr. Stockholm, who quickly goes against the other doctors and befriends Hazel.
- Mind-Control Device: It turns out that the Hospital's doctors are working with a coven of witches in order to create a mind control device. In some levels, Hazel can use it to possess humans and access otherwise inaccessible objects.
- Noodle Incident: Hazel has various flashbacks during the game, one of which is of the horses and Frida orbiting Earth's atmosphere, with far too little explanation of how they ended up there.
- Trojan Horse: A couple are seen in the Glue Factory levels, though they don't actually contain anything.