Nikujin is a PC Freeware Game made by Japanese developer Ikiki in 2005 that became one of his most well-known games. In it, you play as a naked ninja, whose goal is to progress through a ninja fortress of increasing difficulty, utilising your ninja skills to ensure your survival. It's better than it sounds.
This game contains examples of:
- Action Bomb: The red ninja who'll run at you while screaming to explode in your face. You need to call his attention wisely so he'll take out iron doors.
- Author Appeal: Nikujin wasn't the first of Ikiki's games featuring naked people killing each other stealthily, nor was it the last.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: All characters are naked but without any detail.
- Bonus Stage
- Ceiling Cling: Cling under ceilings after a running jump to get past some obstacles or climb over the edge of certain platforms.
- Checkpoint: Only the tutorial level features those.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: Nikujin kills the enemy leader in an overly flashy way at the ending cutscene.
- Endless Game: The survival mode.
- Full-Frontal Assault: No, really, all the ninjas in this game are naked.
- Goomba Springboard: Stabbing enemies in the head has this effect.
- Highly Visible Ninja: Thats one way to put it...
- Ninja: NAKED Ninjas!
- Nintendo Hard: Definitely.
- One-Hit Kill: The Goomba Springboard move mentioned above. But it only works if the enemy hasn't seen you. Bosses are also vulnerable to instant kills during certain parts of their moves.
- Stealth-Based Game: You're required to sneak past enemies to progress.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: What Nikujin does to his enemies' boss at the end.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: Make any mistake and even if you don't die, you'll probably have to kill yourself and start over.
- Wall Jump: An important mechanic. You're also required to bounce off certain walls while standing on the floor in order to get a running start.