You have no weapons on you, and every door is locked. All you have is your cell phone, which you and "Alex" use in a game of Marco Polo by ringing up each other's phones to find each other's locations. You must evade "Alex" and find your way to the building's exit.
This game contains examples of tropes such as:
- Adult Fear: You're exiting your office and out of nowhere, you're ringed up by a lone sociopath who wants to kill you.
- But Thou Must!: You're able to knock on the various doors of your co-workers in hopes that they'll let you in, but no one will answer. One of them in particular refrains from going to the door out of fear that he'll encounter Alex. This only leaves you with the risky option of finding the exit.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: If "Alex" catches you, you're taken to an 'afterlife' that's clearly made on MS Paint. It's pitch black, and you have to follow the scribbly lamppost drawings until you reach a small table. On it is a cellphone that you have to pick up. When it rings, you're teleported back to the start of the game.
- Death Is the Only Option: "Alex" runs at high speed, so once you're in his line of sight, you're basically doomed.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: When knocking on one of the doors, you'll hear a man and a woman whispering on the other end in almost...seductive tone. Guess the threat of Alex won't stop them.
- Evil Laugh: "Alex" halfway through his call, specifically at the part where he says he's going to get you."Alex": Hey, man. Tt's Alex. I heard you're working late tonight, so I just wanted to say that I'm, uh... (in demonic voice) COMIN' TO GETCHA! HEHEHEHEHE!
- Featureless Protagonist: Since you're playing in first-person, you're given no indication of what the protagonist looks like. The only line in the game from Alex on phone suggests that you're a man.
- Fluffy the Terrible: "Alex" sure doesn't sound like a common name for a sociopathic killer. His true physical appearance as an MS Paint character does no wonders either.
- Nothing Is Scarier: You're being hunted down by a psycho named Alex. He gives no reason as to why he's pursuing you, yet the tone in his voice suggests he does it out of pure enjoyment. On top of that, he's able to proficiently track you using the sound of your phone's ringtone. You on the other hand, can only try to evade him by using the ringtone tracking on him.
- A Winner Is You: When you successfully find the exit, there's no cut scene or reward. Nothing except this line from the game's creator:I congratulate you for escaping that place. Thank you for playing this silly thing. Happy Halloween.
- Hey man, this is TV Tropes. I heard you were reading late tonight, so I just wanted to say that I'm, uh, GONNA RUIN YOUR LIFE! HEHEHEHEHE!