Murder Typo is described as a fantasy-adventure game, where you play as the MC, designed to save their session from their downfall. The first demo was released on June 17th, 2016 and the redesigned demo was released on February 21st, 2017. The newer demo includes better flow, dialogue, game mechanics and another floor added to the game play. The full game's release date is unknown.
You awaken in a black and white world with no memories and no name. Your only identification is that you are The MC, and its been prophesied that you will save this world, Session Violet, from its current ruin following a civil war. However, world peace is a large job for one person, and youre never sure who you can trust.
Tropes featured in Murder Typo include:
- Character Level: EXP is gained through defeating any boss on any floor. Urban is a major exception, being the only enemy defeated in Floor 2 that doesn't give you any EXP.
- Damage Over Time: All negative ailments cause this effect.
- Defend Command
- An Economy Is You: All shops are catered to the MC's needs, weapons or remedies.
- Fight Woosh
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The MC wields a sharp blade.
- Informed Equipment: Buy Cat Ears from Lazarus and Sixtol? They won't show up on the model. Don't get your hopes up.
- Level Scaling
- News Travels Fast: Some of the floor bosses know of the MC coming. More in particular with Jeruth and Madia, who knew of Chia and Casiel's Cores vanishing.
- No Hero Discount
- Noob Cave: At the start of the game, a punching bag is meant to level the MC up. Limited to only 5 Levels to leave the poor punching bag alone.
- NPC Roadblock Applies to Floor 5 on two occasions: A Mermaid will prevent you from entering the forest, and another will prevent you from entering the pool.
- Only Shop in Town: Applies Floor 1, 4 and 5.
- Our Ghosts Are Different
- Pamphlet Shelf: Floor 1's Library.
- Partyin My Pocket
- Partyof Representatives: There's even a mermaid who joins your party. Only for a short time.
- Player Party
- Point of No Return: Once you enter another Floor, you cannot go back to the other one.
- Preexisting Encounters
- Starter Equipment: All PC's are given basic weaponry, in which you are allowed to upgrade by buying better weapons in the shops.
- There Are No Bedsheets
- Trespassing Hero: Unless doors are locked. Applies to Floor 5 the most.
- Turn-Based Combat
- Universal Poison: The antidote is literally called antidote.
- Wallet of Holding
- Welcome to Corneria: The typical Who are you? and She's the MC!