Madagascar Kartz is a Mascot Racer spinoff of the Madagascar franchise, featuring characters and tracks from the first two movies. One day, Alex, Marty, Gloria, and Melman decided to hold a race around the jungle, only to catch King Julian's interest. Enthralled with the concept of speed, Julian decides to hold a tournament to determine who's the fastest. That's the plot.
Madagascar Kartz features examples of:
- Achievement System: To compensate for the system's lack of innate trophies/achievements like the PS3/Xbox 360 versions have, the Wii version instead awards in-game badges for completing specific conditions that function exactly like the trophies/achievements on other systems.
- Guest Fighter: In addition to the Madagascar characters you'd expect, Kartz also features fellow Dreamworks Animation characters Shrek and B.O.B. as unlockable racers.
- Jack of All Stats: Alex has well-rounded stats across the board.
- Jungle Japes: Shark Beach and Foosa Rocks take place in Madagascar itself.
- Mascot Racer: The game has the cast of Madagascar as well as Shrek and B.O.B. as guest racers. It uses tracks and power ups typical of the genre.
- Mighty Glacier: Gloria, Shrek and King Julian all have poor acceleration, but high speed.
- Secret Character: The Chimps, King Julian, Shrek and B.O.B. can only be unlocked by completing each of the three cups on the four speed classes available.
- Spell My Name with an S: For some reason, King Juliens name is spelled King Julian in this game.
- Standard Alien Spaceship: Gallaxhar's mothership is a sleek, technological spaceship with lots of tunnels and lasers.