- Welcome, children, to a wonderful, magical, yet grizzly story that old Nicholas never wanted you to know.
Frosty Nights is a Five Nights at Freddy's-style Survival Horror game by Barry McCabe (also known as Clockwork Wolf), who is best known for his Boogeyman games. It was released for PC through Steam on December 8th, 2017.
A young child has spent a day building a snowman before being called in by their mother. That night, the mother tells them to get to bed early so they can be ready for school tomorrow, and warns them against listening to scary stories because they give them nightmares. Guess what they decide they're gonna do next.
So, yes, that night, the child finds they're being visited, and the unexpected company isn't friendly. Luckily, they've got a flashlight and a hair dryer, so as long as they keep their eyes on all the entrances to their room, they're set.
Frosty Nights contains examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: In most stories, Mother Nature is a benevolent being. In the lore of this game, she created the evil snowmen to punish mankind for their greed.
- Air-Vent Passageway: Yellow will attempt to enter your room via the vents.
- Cassette Craze: The in-game story the child listens to is on five cassette tapes.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The snowmen are distinguished from eachother by the clothes they wear. There's Jolly Red, Fat Blue, Crazy Green, and Yellow.
- Cranium Chase: One of the snowmen leaves his head on a windowsill, which rolls on the floor when his body enters to retrieve it before attacking the child.
- Enter Stage Window: There's two windows through which Snowlems can enter.
- Featureless Protagonist: You never really see what your character really looks like.
- Four Is Death: There are four evil snowmen.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Mother Nature. She turned all of the snowmen evil because she was sick of mankind's greed. Thus, she is responsible for their rampage.
- Gun Accessories: Early in the game, the boy tapes a flashlight to the hair dryer he uses to ward off the snowmen.
- Immobile Player Character: Mostly. Like Boogeyman and Boogeyman 2 before them, you're immobile during the nights, but can move about the room during the day.
- Jump Scare: How the snowmen kill you.
- Kid Hero: Like the Boogeyman games, you play a kid.
- No Name Given: The protagonist.
- The Noseless: Green has no nose.
- Sickening "Crunch!": Whenever a snowman manages to catch you, you hear what sounds like a bone snapping.
- Snowlems: Living, child-eating snowmen are constantly entering the child's room, and they need to keep them at bay with a blast of hot air from their blow dryer.
- Would Hurt a Child: All four of the snowmen.