Deadly 30 is a game created by Ignatus Zuk and Gonzossm. Deadly 30 is a mix of RPG, survival game, Tower Defense and a Shoot 'Em Up. Set in World War II, the game begins when an American GI finds himself lost in a forest but finds a shelter with a diesel engine powering it. However, the shelter soon gets attack by zombies, forcing the GI to fight off the zombies throughout the night. Given 30 days to survive, the GI must gather supplies, buy new defenses for the shelter and allies which include a Russian riflemen and a German officer. Will they survive against the horde of zombies?
The game was released on March 30, and can be purchased for $5 on their website. It was originally planned to be release on Newgrounds but as production went on, it was decided it could be released commercially. The creators were approached by HeadUp Games to publish the game and is now available on Steam.
- Abhorrent Admirer: The Russian towards The German.
- Anachronism Stew: Most of the guns you can buy have yet to be invented in WW2 which includes an AK-47, an automatic defense grid armed with an M60, and laser sights. Even the game Lampshades this.
- And let's not get started on the fact that a helicopter saves you in the end of the game.
- The game basically gives up with later level unlocks, which include a powerful plasma gun and an automatic laser turret.
- Elite Zombie: You can run into this game's version of a tank.
- Enemy Mine: An American GI, a Russian rifleman and a German officer working together to survive 30 nights against zombies.
- Frying Pan of Doom: The German Officer has a pretty strong Frying Pan for a melee attack.
- Heroic Build: Both male heroes are really buff.
- Hold the Line: The final night, as opposed to you killing a randomized number of zombies before the night will end, require you to survive for 5 minutes until the aforementioned helicopter extraction saves you, while the game throws everything it has at you in droves.
- I Ate WHAT?!: During one cutscene, The Russian creates some Borscht for him and his allies. The GI first wonders where he got the meat, it doesn't take him long to realize where he got it.
- Machete Mayhem: The American GI's melee weapon of choice is a machete.
- More Dakka: Most of the GI's weapons are machine guns and assault rifles.
- Nintendo Hard: To say that the game is unforgiving and relentless would be an understatement.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Normal zombies, fat zombies, super zombies, dog zombies, and infected birds are all present in this game.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: The German Officer's main weapon of choice.
- The Smurfette Principle: The German Officer, even the Steam Trailer Lampshades this.
- Vodka Drunkenski: The Russian rifleman makes a lot of quips about his love of vodka.
- Wham Episode: After Night 25. No joke or silly antics going on. Just everyone, including The Russian, sitting and looking tired.