In the game, you play as a woman who's driving along the road one night when your car hits a deer. Seems the crash did a number on your car, as instead of trying to start it up again, or tend to the wounded (possibly dead) deer on the road, she instead decides to check out the nearby Killamoor Meat Works.
Interesting thing about that place. Seems that one year ago today, the owner of the abbatoir, who was a disgraced biologist, massacred his whole staff with the help of his son. Neither of them were caught, though. At least that was what your car radio said. So... no points for guessing where this is going.
The game was released on February 21st, 2020.
Blood Breed contains examples of:
- Air-Vent Passageway: One section of the game requires the Player Character to crouch and crawl through an open air vent because the door next to it is boarded up.
- Alliterative Title: Blood Breed, of course.
- Bear Trap: You'll see some set up in various rooms in the abbatoire.
- Berserk Board Barricade: One door in the game has some planks over it. Luckily there's an open vent next to it.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Well, woman, but you DO get bisected down the middle if you walk into any massive circular saw blades.
- Infinite Flashlight: You can turn your flashlight on and off, but it never needs a refill.
- Lock and Key Puzzle: There are plenty of locked doors in the game for which you must find the key.
- Malevolent Masked Men: You see such men in brown masks and blue jumpsuits patrolling a meat plant. They will give chase if they see you, and can take you out in one hit.
- No OSHA Compliance: One must wonder why it took the massacre of the plant's staff to shut it down when there are GIANT EXPOSED CIRCULAR SAW BLADES in so many rooms.
- Notice This: Any object that you can interact with in the game is indicated by a small ball of light.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: The Player Character goes down in one hit from anything lethal.
- Retraux: The game is presented with a low polygon count.
- Spikes of Doom: In the chase sequence, there are spikes that shoot up from and retract into the floor. Touch them, you're dead.
- Sprint Meter: Located in the bottom left corner of the screen.