Bizarre hit-and-run/perpetual-lurker-type 'troper with an eidetic memory and a penchant for yuri anime. Named after Azuma Hazuki from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, with whom she shares a disturbing number of personality traits. Unlike her avatar, she has an unquenchable lust for new information and routinely fills the top of her Firefox window with open tabs when browsing wiki sites (like this one). Also several years older, outwardly sarcastic, and about as geeky as a person can get without talking in computer code.
Hazuki provides 100% of the RDA of vitamin B6 and is a good supply of the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. Additionally, she provides examples of the following tropes:
- Best Served Cold - Don't cross her. Just...don't. She holds grudges forever and can be very creatively nasty about them.
- Beware the Honest Ones
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Character Alignment - Changes a bit depending on circumstances.
- Neutral Good by default
- Occasionally slips into True Neutral when depressed.
- Very, very rarely, has been known to go into a frightening Chaotic Neutral state when she hits rock bottom. It's not pretty, and dangerous to get too close to her when it happens.
- Creepy Child - Obviously too old to fit this trope now, but she tended to out-argue elementary school teachers and had an extremely sarcastic, adult sense of humor even as a kindergartener. Several adults told her point-blank she was creeping them out, usually when she called them on dickish behavior they thought would go over her head.
- Cunning Linguist - Aside from the obvious, she's been interested in the roots and meanings of words since childhood, and one of her favorite pastimes is tracing out the development of language and meaning.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker - Her bread and butter
- Death Seeker - A painful inversion of the trope, due to a bad case of I Cannot Self-Terminate.
- Emotionless Girl - Subverted, though she appears this way in meatspace.
- Explosive Overclocking - Metaphorically, she has strained her brain on multiple occasions well past its limits, leading to headaches, nightmares, and lethargy. She described it as having frayed axons, and leading to a tendency to twitch or stare blankly if not paying attention.
- Facepalm - Frequently
- Good Is Not Nice - Rarely, usually (again) when feeling threatened.
- Hidden Depths - She tends to keep the better part of herself to herself, but all you have to do is ask. Well, that, and be trusted.
- Huge Schoolgirl - Six feet tall and about 20 pounds heavier than she looks due to an incredibly dense skeleton. A bit too old for the "schoolgirl" part now, but she was this when in the system, reaching almost 5 and a half feet in elementary school.
- Loners Are Freaks - Subverted. Although a very pronounced introvert and INFJ type, she's not that weird. Also cares deeply for a select few
- Love Hurts - Don't get her started on said breakup; she won't shut up.
- Meganekko - And practically blind without them, due to hereditary astigmatism. Her hearing is also subpar; as compensation, she jas jury-rigged what she terms "emergent senses" from a combination of the basic five (or eight) and her scientific training, which has resulted in fuzzy temperature and humidity sensors and an ability to estimate soil pH by scent.
- More Than Meets TheEye
- Specifically, known to descend into Tranquil Fury *without* a stopover in berserker rage territory. See Beware the Nice Ones above
- There is also a very strong domestic and maternal streak in there, to the point that she has a slight kink for pregnancy despite being one of the rare 6-on-the-Kinsey-scale lesbians.
- Might lead to MamaBear moments in the future...
- Surprisingly kinky too, though not into anything unsanitary or excessively painful. A regular browser of /d/, albeit only for a few things.
- Nice to the Waiter - It's just the right thing to do.
- Nightmare Dreams - Especially prone to these since childhood. She generally handles them well, but long runs of them tend to degrade her notional Sanity Meter.
- Pastimes Prove Personality - Played very straight: intensely introverted, she is also interested in computers and science, and prefers to do almost everything alone. Despite this, though, she also loves to cook (especially for friends) and volunteer for charity events.
- Popular Is Dumb - One of her mantras, and one she has found increasingly validated over the years.
- Properly Paranoid - All that computer security stuff she keeps rambling about? She knows why it's necessary. First-hand.
- Spell My Name With an S - Because of du-tzu-dzu-zu equivalency/confusion in romanizations, Hazuki's name has no less than four technically correct spellings, at least one of which would lead to completely wrong pronunciation by a non-native speaker. Also, the commonly-seen "Hatsuki" is incorrect; while her name is composed of the kanji ha (leaf) and tsuki (moon), the -tsu becomes -(d/t)zu by virtue of following an unvoiced syllable. In this case, the trope may actually be "*don't* spell my name with an S."
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo - There's a reason (besides rampant lesbianism) her avatar is Azuma Hazuki. There is some resemblance, though her eyes are brown instead of blue and she's much taller and heavier.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky - Imagine Daria with a foul mouth and something of a Knight Templar attitude.
- The Daria - In real life and in chat
- The Quiet One - Beware!
- Yuri Fan
- Yuri Genre - A living example, though she doubts her ability to love again after a messy and extremely painful breakup in late 2010.
section .data hello: db 'Hello, Hazuki!',15 helloLen: equ $-hello
section .text ...
... wait this is really geeky, isn't it? Never mind. Welcome aboard.