I have left the wiki due to a frustrating issue in which someone thought I made a YKTTW to mock him. We cleared things up, but it attracting the attention of a mod leading him to delete it, and ban me. I apparently still banned in YKTTW, and the ordeal combined with a YKTTW ban that I presume is permanent has made me frustrated I am leaving the wiki, probably forever (excluding perhaps occasionally stopping by to see if my YKTTW is still around).
I don't know when I got my handle, but my recent edits page goes back to April 30th. If you know when I became a troper, or simply activity I have done before April 30th please edit this yourself, I have left. I am currently working on my own series, for fun. Given how often I usually see things through to the end, don't count on me finishing it. Sadly I have not been able to come up with a magic system complex enough to satisfy me and fits with the ideas I already have down simultaneously .
About page images: On I Can't Believe It's Not Heroin! I tried to have this◊ (or an image like it) become the trope page image (along with a quote along the lines of pfft gateway drugs. However there was almost no feedback, which was why the proposal was taken down. If I get enough positive feedback (PM me), I'll resubmit the proposal. I did see a good alternate image for Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory and am keeping my eyes open for it (even though I don't remember what it looks like). I do know of what might make a good image for Villain World (its a picture of an Obviously Evil version of earth, from Fairly Odd Parents), however I don't know how to get a better image of it than a crude screenshot. Please tell me if you know where the image of Screwed by the Network is from on the off chance I come back.
I am sponsoring the following YKTTW:
- Edible Smelling Salts (food waking people up)
- Externally influenced game mechanics
- Already Old In Flashback (Only old people seemingly effected by Not Allowed to Grow Up, at least in stuff like flashbacks)
- Foreign speaking spy reveal
- Fantastic Gift Giver
- Living Currency (also covers something sufficiently close to alive, like souls, or completely autonomous machines)
- well i was sponsoring this till a mod deleted it
Favorite tropes (will add more later):
- Unequal Rites
- Magnificent Bastard
- Priceless Paperweight
- Your Costume Needs Work
- Magic A Is Magic A
- Fair Folk
Tropes I like:
- False Reassurance
- Daylight Horror
- Player Punch
- Power Perversion Potential
- Boxing Lessons for Superman
- Plague Doctor
- Mundane Utility
- Briar Patching
- Spring Time For Hitler
- No Escape but Down
- Blade Brake
Tropes I despise, yes I do know about that page but if you are using one of these tropes, I think you are probably doing something wrong:
- Informed Ability (If the author wants us to take his word for it. If everybody in the show is clearly supposed to be miss informed like in the Fake Ultimate Hero its fine)
- Stupid Sacrifice
- Stupid Surrender
Pages I Like:
- Looks Like Orlok (I like how it explains the 'evolution' of vampires, tell me if you know of another page that goes over the evolution of fictional creatures).
- Warp That Aesop
- Quotes Looking for an Article
- Humanity's Wake, I like it when pages are written in an interesting format.
Pages I don't Like:
- The 'Fridge' Series of pages. Its that its something that occurs to you a while after the show. Many-things linked to these pages I noticed immediately upon seeing the trope in play, while others never occurred to me at all. I think it needlessly has a personalized requirement. Which makes the whether or not the pothole is applied correctly inconsistent between tropers.
- Reluctant Mad Scientist, the page is very flawed, its name and its criteria contradict each other. I started a trope repair shop on it but it got closed down for because the thread was stag net. I was pushing to fix it, but since i am leaving the wiki its Somebody Else's Problem.
Well its been fun. Bye.