- Accidentally Correct Writing:
- Early on in the story, the Cross-Brain introduce the idea that the Nefertaris are looked down on by the Celestial Dragons for not 'ascending' with them, with it being the cause of Vivi joining the Straw Hats in this timeline. Come Chapter 908 of the manga, it's revealed that the Nefertaris really are considered traitors for choosing to remain in Alabasta. The Cross-Brain then admits they were relieved they got lucky with that detail.
- An incident where a genuine mistake turned out to be correct happened during Enies Lobby. During the chaos, Cavendish led Big Mom on course to Wano, which the Marines stated was Kaido's territory, the Cross-Brain forgetting that the Straw Hats didn't meet Momonosuke and his retainers until after the Time Skip, where it looked like Kaido's conquest of Wano was a recent thing. Then, it's revealed that Momo and his group were actually sent into the future from twenty years ago, meaning that Kaido was ruling over Wano during the Enies Lobby incident. Talk about fanfiction predicting canon.
- Later on, Moria tries to use his Awakened Devil Fruit to transform himself into a dragon, and fails miserably. As Chapter 926 reveals, Kaido, the Emperor who murdered his crew, apparently has a Mythical Zoan that allows him to turn into a massive Eastern dragon.
- In chapter 40, after Sengoku speaks to Cross via Transponder Snail, Cross is pretty sure that Sengoku has Conquerer's Haki. Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (Card #0265, released in the second starter set) confirms that he does.
- Ascended Fanon: In celebration for reaching the top 10, CV12Hornet began publishing the Cross-Brain's fans' omakes that they had written as a side story to This Bites! One of the omake writers even got to write two canon omakes, which were published in the story itself.
- Promoted Fanboy: Xomniac's second cowriter, The Patient One, was invited on due to being a dedicated fan.
- To a lesser extent, 1Coltsguy, who wrote multiple 1st-person Omakes taking place in Water 7, received a cameo as one of Iceburg's workers during the Enies Lobby arc.
- Trolling Creator: Xomniac, CV12Hornet, and The Patient One love to mess with their fans. The most common examples are their sadistic cliffhangers and their tendency to update in the wee hours of the morning. For example, this gem from Spacebattles when they published Chapter 42:The Patient One: Good heavens, look at the time! Four hours past midnight, everyone should be in bed.
Perfect time for an update!
- Of course, they're also gleefully willing to take advantage of the rope that their own readers give them. In the Spacebattles thread, one poster speculated that, as a troll job, the Cross-Brain could post the chapter offsite, then hide the link to it in one of the links in their signatures. Enter CV12Hornet, who agreed it was a good idea and mused on the logistics of it, then left. Oh, and also replaced all the links in his sig with a Rickroll.
- After Kuma splits up the Straw Hats, we're shown where Boss, the TDWS, Merry, Vivi, Carue, Conis, and Su all end up, but the creators specifically go out of their way to avoid showing just where Cross and his companions ended up. At the end of the Amazon Treachery arc, they mention making a small breather chapter detailing the current status of all other Straw Hat Pirates... except for Cross. And the preview for the next chapters seems to reveal Cross ended up at Impel Down, only for it to be revealed as an April Fool's Day joke, and it was actually Bentham using his Clone-Clone fruit. The only hints so far is in the grand preview, in which what appears to be a conversation between Cross and Tashigi gives clues: the first is that the place has reception so bad Tashigi can barely make out what Cross is saying even with Soundbite's powers. Second is in what manages to squeak through; That things are worse than they thought, Seventh Hell, and Hell of Darkness. Evidence most likely points to a super-secret new level of Impel Down, but until it's decisively shown, this "seventh hell" could be virtually anywhere.
Trivia / This Bites!