- Big Name Fan: Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario and Zelda, has openly lauded this game as a masterpiece, saying it's the one game he wishes he could have made.
- Creator Killer: The critical and commercial disappointment of Journey Of Dreams, along with Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), was one of the factors that led to the death of Sonic Team's international offshoot Sonic Team USA (called Sega Studios USA in later years). After the games were released, the studio was dissolved and its staff were folded back into the main Sonic Team studio in Japan.
- Executive Meddling: Journey of Dreams was being developed as an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 title... until the development team was forced by Sega of Japan to retool the entire game for the Wii. The problem was that they weren't given enough time or budget to properly adjust the game, so they had to rush parts.
- Fake Brit: NiGHTS, Helen, Will, Reala, and Wizeman in the second game.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The original game and Christmas NiGHTS was stuck in this for years, with the only re-release being a Japan-only remake for the PlayStation 2. Fast-foward to 2012, Sega eventually released an HD remastered version of the game based off the PlayStation 2 version for PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and PC via Steam. Even then, the remasters do not have Sonic into Dreams like in the original Christmas NiGHTS.
- Killer App: As much as the Saturn ever had one.
- What Could Have Been: One of the games many original concepts was a baby bluebird who would gradually gain the ability to fly, so it can fly south for the winter. The idea was scrapped to distance the game from another main animal character franchise they made.
- The game was originally intended to be a slow-paced game, but as development progressed the gameplay pace gradually increased, in similar vein to Sonic.
- A boss named "Selph" (a play on the Jungian 'self') was planned for NiGHTS into dreams..., as the one defined as "Myself I could never be exceeded", but was cut due to time.
- Cirque du Soleil provided a large amount of inspiration for the game design of the original NiGHTS.
- NiGHTS into dreams... reflects the thoughts of Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, Friedrich Holtz, and other scholars who researched dreams.
- The first person to play NiGHTS, other than the SEGA team, was Steven Spielberg. During the development of the original NiGHTS, he visited Sega and they asked him to play with an experimental version of the new controller. Since then they have called it the Spielberg controller.
Trivia / NiGHTS into Dreams...