- B-Team Sequel:
- Gisaburō Sugii directed the special this time around.
- Takayuki Negishi composed the music instead of series regular Yuji Ohno.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Galvez is voiced by veteran actor Shūichirō Moriyama.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: In the Latin American Spanish dub, Sadachiyo is played by the female Ángela Villanueva.
- Directed by Cast Member: In the English dub, Christopher Sabat was the ADR director as well as Daisuke Jigen's voice actor.
- Dueling Dubs: Two dubs, both by Funimation, referred to as the censored and uncensored versions of the work. See the Analysis tab for more information on what FUNimation did differently between the two edits.
- The Other Darrin: The second special with an English dub, and the first by Funimation, the dub has a completely different voice cast from the one Manga UK had for their dub of the very first special, Bye Bye Liberty Crisis, albiet for understandable reasons, since Funimation probably couldn't have gotten those guys even if they wanted to. This new voice cast would go on to voice in the majority of the remaining dubbed specials and two of the theatrical films, as well as three of the five major actors returning for the dub of The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.
- Sequel First: Qualifies even within Funimation's block, since this was the first one they had released, before Voyage to Danger, despite the original Japanese version coming out afterward.
- Studio Hop: At first, the North American home video releases were handled by Funimation, before they eventually switched over to Discotek Media.
- You Sound Familiar: In the Japanese version, Sadachiyo is voiced by Nachi Nozawa, who previously played John Clawz in Lupin III: Voyage to Danger.
Trivia / Lupin III: The Secret of Twilight Gemini