- Acting for Two:
- Greer Hunt voices Marina Anchors, Little Bah Peep, and Haley Galaxy. She also voices Mermaid Water Lily.
- Amateur Cast: The cast of the Nick series had little to no acting credits whatsoever prior to Lalaloopsy. Even now, they're all One-Book Authors who only acted on the show and then faded into obscurity - Or at best, had roles in anime dubs such as Futurecard Buddyfight - the sole exception being Tate McRae (Spot Splatter Splash), who became a major star in her own right.
- Averted with the Netflix series, which uses frequent Canadian voice actors.
- Children Voicing Children: All the characters in the Nick series are voiced by kids. Averted in the Netflix series, where they're all voiced by adults.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: The behind-the-scenes for the Lalaloopsy Girls music video refers to Storm E. Sky as Cloud E.'s twin sister. While it is true that they're sisters (even though it was meant to be a mid-movie twist), the two were sewn on different dates, automatically making the "twin" part untrue.
- Development Hell: The Netflix series was originally going to come in Fall 2016 but winded up releasing January 2017.
- Fan Nickname: Bundles Snuggle Stuff is also known as "Nunya Buziness", being christened this thanks to YouTube videos by AllAboutMeep.
- Also from AllAboutMeep, Pita Mirage and Specs Reads-A-Lot are also known as "Pita Repeata" and "Smartie".
- It's more of a common misspelling of her name, but Jewel is often referred to as "Jewels".
- Lately fans have christened the name of the scarf Mittens was sewn from to alternative names to omit the slur the original used.
- The Other Darrin: None of the actors from the first movie reprise their roles in the TV series due to it being produced in Calgary instead of New York City.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: One reason why the Nickelodeon cartoon was canceled was because of a lawsuit Viacom filed against MGA because the toy giant allegedly did not pay for their portion of the series budget.
- Screwed by the Network:
- When the show premiered in March 2013 on Nickelodeon, it was quickly burned off to the Nick Jr. Sub-Network, where it was part of their short-lived Saturday morning block "Satur-Yay", where it was treated nicely. Things took a bad turn in late 2014 when Nick Jr. quietly canceled this show after 2 seasons and 52 episodes. The rest of its episodes were burned off on weekends with little to no promotion. Reruns aired (on sundays only) until late 2016 with all of its time-slots replaced.
- This would happen again with the 2017 incarnation and Netflix. The streaming service barely gave the show advertisement and attention, leaving MGA to do the dirty work by putting promotions on their social media. Sadly, it wasn't enough, and the reboot's show ended after only one season, taking the toys with it.
- Talking to Yourself:
- Tate McRae voices both Spot Splatter Splash and Holly Sleighbells.
- In addition to Dot Starlight, Maryke Hendrikse voices twins Berry Jars 'N' Jam and Sunny Side Up in We're Lalaloopsy.
- What Could Have Been:
- The toyline was originally going to be named Bitsy Buttons. There are even some very early dolls with that name on their packaging.
- According to Moonscoop in a PR release sent out to the fan club message boards, toyline exclusive characters like Cotton Hoppalong, Candy Broomsticks, Tuffet Miss Muffet, and Cinder Slippers were slated to appear on the show, but they ultimately never made it in.
- The Wiki Rule: Lalaloopsy Land Wiki
Trivia / Lalaloopsy