- Actor Allusion: In the 2017 anime, Hermes is voiced by Soma Saito who previously voiced Hermes from the 2016 anime adaptation of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?. Subverted in the mobile game version of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, Memoria Freese, there was a crossover event with 2017 anime version of Kino no Tabi: Guess which 2 characters got paired up as an adventurer unit.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: In Japanese, Kino is voiced by movie actress Ai Maeda (who played Shiori Kitano in Battle Royale and voiced young O-Ren Ishii in her animated flashback. Not to be confused with the other Ai Maeda, who is a professional voice actress who voiced Shion Uzuki and Mimi Tachikawa.
- The Other Darrin: For obvious reasons, Aya Hisakawa replaces Maeda as Kino in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, and eventually by Aoi Yuuki in the 2017 anime.
- International Coproduction: ADV Films was a member of the production committee for the 2003 anime.
- No Export for You: Tokyopop released the first of the books in English, but none of the others before finally folding. While the TV series has been released in the U.S., the OVA episodes haven't, nor has the movie, The Country of Illness.
- Recently averted with the manga adaptation, which, as of 2019, is being translated into English by Vertical Comics.
- Role Reprise: Even with the change in cast, the dub of the second anime has Chris Patton return to voice the original Kino.
Trivia / Kino's Journey