- Actor-Inspired Element: Ares's fighting style was built around Ruby Rose's real-life experience in boxing; obviously it became much more complex.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Just like the previous film, the Japanese dub has a celebrity in the cast, in this case Cassian is voiced by TV actor Mitsutoshi Shundo.
- Directed by Cast Member: In the Latin American Spanish dub, Javier Pontón is the ADR director as well as Jimmy's voice actor.
- Doing It for the Art: Expanding on the preparation he did for the first film, Keanu Reeves put himself through intensive training in weapons and close-quarters combat techniques in order to perform many of the action scenes himself and top his stunt performance from the first film. In particular, this footage shows him running through a close-quarters training course using live ammunition with startling (and appropriately Wick-like) efficiency.
- Fake Nationality: According to supplementary material, Ares is Italian but is played by the Australian Ruby Rose. It helps that, being mute, nobody can tell her accent is wrong.
- Fake Russian: Peter Stormare, master of Plays Great Ethnics is at work yet again by playing a Russian (he's Swedish, just like Michael Nyqvist, who played Viggo in the first film).
- Hey, It's That Place!: The rooftop garden scene with Winston and John Wick is the same setting as seen in Spider-Man when Spider-Man saves Mary Jane from the Green Goblin.
- No Stunt Double: Keanu Reeves performed about 95% of the film's stunts himself. The only stunts that he didn't do are the ones in which John Wick gets hit by a car, and the one in which he falls down the stairs during the fight with Cassian.
- The Other Darrin: Aside from René García, Fabián Mejía and Eduardo Fonseca returning to voice John Wick, Winston and Charon from the Latin American Spanish dub of the first film produced by Zima, none of the original actors returned to reprise their roles, since most of the dub was recorded in Los Angeles.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Many of them in the Japanese dub:
- John, The Bowery King and Santino D'Antonio previously worked together in Naruto as Minato Namikaze, Kurama and Sasori respectively. They also worked as well in Nioh as Hattori Hanzo, Honda Tadakatsu and Ishida Mitsunari.
- The three aforementioned voice actors also worked in many of the animated adaptations of the Berserk manga: Takahiro Sakurai (Santino) voiced Griffith in the 2016 anime, while Toshiyuki Morikawa (John) voiced the same character in the 1997 one, and Tessho Genda (The Bowery King) voiced Grunbeld in Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shō, Adon Coborlwitz in the 1997 anime and Emperor Ganishka in Berserk and the Band of the Hawk.
- John and Santino D'Antonio also worked together as Sephiroth and Cloud Strife, except this time, Cloud is the bad guy.
- Toshiyuki Morikawa and Tessho Genda worked together in many other works (both in Anime and foreign dubs) as either allies or enemies, like Nick Wilde and Mayor Lionheart, Ninja Slayer and the Clone Yakuzas, the already mentioned Minato and Kurama, Obi-wan Kenobi and Mace Windu, etc.
Trivia / John Wick: Chapter 2