Rolf Åke Mikael Nyqvist (November 8, 1960 June 27, 2017), often just called Michael Nyqvist, was a Swedish movie and theatre actor.
Born as a half-Italian, he grew up with Swedish adoptive parents. He took his first acting experienced as an exchange student in America at the age of 17. At the age of 24, he was accepted at the Malmö Theatre Academy. After graduating, he was mainly a theatre actor, but after his breakout-role in Grabben I Graven Bredvid he started starring in numerous movies.
- Beck (1997-1998) as John Banck
- Olivia Twist (2002) as Fagerlund (Fagin)
- Slim Susie (2003) as The Dark Voice
- As It Is In Heaven (2004) as Daniel Daréus
- Wallander Mastermind (2008) as Lothar Kraftzcyk
- Arn The Knight Templar (2007) as Magnus Folkesson
- The Millennium Trilogy (2009) as Mikael Blomkvist
- Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol (2011) as Kurt Hendricks
- John Wick (2014) as Viggo Tarasov
- Playing Against Type: The roles of Mikael Blomkvist, Kurt Hendricks and Viggo which he is most known for internationally notwithstanding, non-Swedes might be suprised to find out that in his homeland he was mostly know as a romantic lead and comedic actor.