- Deleted Role: Debbie Harry acted in the movie but was edited out in the final cut. She explained on a live television special that although she was cut, she still got paid.
- Doing It for the Art: A big deal was made in the press about Sylvester Stallone working for scale in this movie. The fact that he had just been paid $20 million to star in Judge Dredd probably made this decision easier.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Sylvester Stallone lost much of his musculature and gained a lot of blubber for the role as the small town sheriff.
- Playing Against Type: Sylvester Stallone convincingly plays a conflicted sheriff with emotional depth, and even has a different physique in this film than that for which he is known.
- What Could Have Been: Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and John Travolta were considered for Sheriff Freddy Heflin.
Trivia / Cop Land