- Acting in the Dark: Only Kenneth Branagh and Judy Davis were privy to the complete script.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $12 million. Box office, $5,078,660. This was not one of Woody Allen's better received films note but it didn't stop him one bit.
- Cast the Expert: Former model Charlize Theron plays a supermodel.
- Fake American: British Kenneth Branagh does a somewhat inexplicable nasal Brooklyn accent when playing Woody Allen's alter ego Lee, who's American; while Lee's wife Robin, who's implied to be American too, is played by Australian Judy Davis.
- Hostility on the Set: According to Michael Lerner, he and Woody Allen did not get along, and they got into a heated argument on the set. In an interview with The A.V. Club, Lerner called Allen "a schmuck".
- The Other Marty:
- Woody Allen was dissatisfied with a sequence that featured Vanessa Redgrave and re-shot it with Elaine Stritch. He eventually re-wrote the material for a younger character, played in the final movie by Bebe Neuwirth.
- Saffron Burrows was originally cast as Supermodel, but was fired and replaced with Charlize Theron.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Celebrity