Thunder and Friends is the creation of DeviantArt user Minnesota Snowball. Focusing on the daily life of a magical jackal and her group of friends, living life, while avoiding an evil unicorn who wants to steal her powers.
The show roughly began in 2014, but wouldn't become fit for a public viewing till four years later.
Thunder and Friends provides examples of:
- Advertised Extra: Snowball, Paws and Raylan are Minnesota Snowball's most well known ocs, in the actual show, they do get focus but rarely, and are mostly recurring characters at best.
- Aerithand Bob: On the one hand, we have names like Cody, David and Raymond. On the flip slide their's Thunder, Random and Glum.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Just about all the characters are colored this way.
- Bottle Episode: According to the description, "Beds are Turning" is supposed to be one.
- Bob Ross Rib: Cody gives out one in "Mom's the Word".
- City of Adventure: Pencilville.
- Deadpan Snarker: Thunder, David and sometimes Raymond.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Has talking animals, magic, unicorns, monsters (such as Cthulhu) ex.
- Five-Man Band:
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Played for Laughs during the ending of "Thunder and Friends on Patrol" where Random ends up shattering Thunder's brand new piggy bank.
- No Mouth: David appears to be mouthless in pics of the series, mostly cause of his trunk.
- Protagonist and Friends
- Slice of Life: The main genre, surreal elements aside.
- Show Within a Show: Duck Duck, a show Raymond and David are obsessed with.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: The entire plot of "Give Us Space, Raymond" is Thunder accidentally offending Sunset with untrue stereotypes about aliens, in a Fantastic Racism way.
- That Nostalgia Show: Was written in the late 2010's, although the show itself is said to take place somewhere between 1996-2006.