What started off with the hypothetical scenario of all members of the forum finding themselves inside Dwarf Fortress one day, eventually turned into a community narrative of epic insanity worthy of its namesake. It began with people wondering who would be in what position and do what jobs, but eventually people started to tell their own stories about what might happen. Then Talvieno started an actual community fort (which didn't last long) that united the narrative. From there, sanity went out the window. Physics abuse, death, destruction, mods, time travel, necromancy, and Daleks ensued.
Has a Character Sheet in need of serious work.
This story provides examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Any weapon made of adamantine.
- Author Avatar: literally, the scenario being the actual forumites got dumped into the game.
- Brown Note: The Manamaid busts a sexy move!
- City of Adventure: Plenty of exciting stuff happens in and around the fortress.
- Cue the Rain: The entire fortress was devastated by an earthquake, leaving several dead and more injured. Then it started raining.
- Elaborate Underground Base: It's to be expected in a Dwarf Fortress forum game.
- Enemy Without/Evil Twin: HugoLuman developed a split personality due to time travel experiments. The other half eventually got his own body. It didn't end well.
- Evil Sorcerer: Cog Wrathhammer is well known in his world for defeating these.
- Let's Play: At one point. Though Talvieno dropped it after a while, it forms the basis for the current narrative.
- Made of Indestructium: Again, adamantine.
- Mad Scientist: Most of the forumites see Wierd Joykill as this, though he'd prefer to spend his time making practical, beneficient things. Sometimes his sanity slips a bit, but so does everyone else's. Gizogin and his double are a more overt example. MrHappyFace had his (horribly deadly) moment.
- Mind Manipulation: Eric Blank has some minor suggestion abilities, though most of the forumites seem immune to them.
- Only Sane Person: Almost all of the forumites see themselves as this. So do most of the Dwarves, and Roead.
- Schizo Tech: Coming from the real world, the forumites have a general understanding of modern science. Some of them even have more specified knowledge and professional experience, so it wasn't long until they got electricity running...
- Science Cannot Comprehend Phlebotinum: Averted and played straight. Gizo X, an entirely Artificial Human, can use magic to a greater degree than most ordinary spellcasters. He cannot, however, detect or use necromancy, due to not having a soul.
- Squishy Wizard: Averted. Wizards and magic users are generally at least as physically strong as their mundane counterparts.
- What If? all the forumites found themselves in the game one day?