Evangelyne is determinated to find Rubilaxia and Sadlygrove, facing the wilderness with Grufon as she races for the Plains of Cania, following a trail of destruction and rumors of a "mountain" eating whole villages. Things get a turn for the worse when the infamous Rogue duo of Remington and Grany Smisse shows up to take her Shushu map, and even more when Rubilaxia appears around them, and they finally realize who's the mastermind behind the disappearences of many villages...
- Achilles' Heel: As it turns out, since Rubilax is possessing Sadlygrove's body, he's unable to use his trademark Shushu size-increasing powers, and so a single sneak attack from Remington is enough to take him out.
- Arc Villain: Turns out, as implied by the name, that Rubilax is responsible for everything, just like he promised back in Season 1: he's taken over Dally's body and has gathered all the Shushu he could get his hands on, using Shadowfang's skills to create an army of Ghouls and using his earth powers to create the titular moving, village-absorbing mountain.
- Big "SHUT UP!": Rubilax does this several times, first to the Shushus to stop complaining about him leaving them as wall decorations, and then to Dally when he "lies" to Eva about how Rubi saved his life.
- Call-Back: Ghouls makes a return, and the throne room of Rubilax is actually located in Ragnar's castle.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Here Rubilax presents himself in all his card-carrying glory, making threats that he'll throw the other Shushus into the sea if they don't shut up, attempting to strike Eva (and failing), shouting at Dally to shut up his lies about him "saving" him, and proudly stating that he's a "real" Shushu who doesn't have anything like a "good heart".
- Chekhov's Gun: Confined to this episode, at one point while fighting the Ghouls in Rubilaxia, Eva shoots a light arrow far away in the sky. At the very end, said Recall Arrow reaches the glade where Amalia, Yugo and Ruel are, allowing them to be teleported to Rubilaxia in the following episode.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Evangelyne threatened by Remington and a Shushu-possessed Grany, Dally is sealed in his own sword while Amalia, Ruel and Yugo decide to grab onto Eva's Recall Arrow to go and help her wherever she could be.
- A Day in the Limelight: Eva is the undisputed protagonist of the episode, with the rest of the Brotherhood making a brief cameo in the middle and at the very end.
- Demonic Possession:
- Rubilax used his powers on Sadlygrove's soul as he was ascending to Iop heaven and put him in his sword, so that he could take over his empty body. This has the side effect of saving Dally's life.
- Near the end of the episode, Grany Smisse dons a Shushu collar which allows him to transform in a massive, Tai-Lungesque humanoid cat.
- Drop the Hammer: One of the captured Shushu is sealed in a massive horned warhammer and invites Remington to take him. Remi actually uses it to deliver a massive sucker punch to a distracted Rubilax, sending him flying against his own throne and knocking him out.
- Empathy Doll Shot: When Eva explores what's left of the village, we see an abandoned doll on the ground.
- Enemy Mine: When the Ghouls appear, Remington and Eva have to briefly join forces to fight them... they still gets captured.
- Exactly What I Aimed At: Eva shoots three arrows at Remington, two of them piercing through his cloak and the third at his head which he ducks backwards under. Her actual target was the building behind him, which collapses on top of him and he barely jumps out of the way of.Remington: *observing the holes in his cape* Not Bad. Shame the third one missed me though.
Eva: *smirking* Really?
Remington: Huh? What the-?!
- Genius Loci: Rubilaxia is a living mountain covered in the buildings of all the villages it has absorbed, with Katrepat's castle in the middle.
- Interesting Situation Duel: Eva and Remington get into a shoot-out on Rubilaxia where the ground and landscape is constantly shifting with the absorbed village structures constantly sprouting up and down, helping and hindering them as they go. And then Shadowfang's Ghouls suddenly barge in to force an Enemy Mine.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Amalia blames herself for Eva's sudden departure, which she believes is for nothing.
- Oh, Crap!: Remington and Grany are stuck with one when they see Rubilaxia bearing down on them.
- Pet the Dog: The old lady who asks Eva to help her with the laundry not only tells her of Rubilaxia, but also encourages her to not give up on her quest, making her more determinated to find Dally.
- The Power of Love: Turns out, Dally's body utterly refuses to directly harm Eva, no matter how hard Rubilax tries.
- Red Right Hand: When possessed by Rubilax, Dally's body sports empty blank eyes and a series of crack-like black Facial Markings on his face.
- Sanity Slippage: Lampshaded by Eva when she catches sight of Grany running off out of the corner of her eye but she doesn't directly get a look at him, noting that if she starts seeing ghosts everywhere she really is done for.
- Sealed Good in a Can: Dally is still alive, but sealed inside the sword where Rubilax was held prisoner.
- Wall of Weapons: The walls of Rubilax' throne room are adorned with dozen and dozens of Shushu weapons. Avid Shushu collector Remington oogles them and plans to raid the place.