Homer gets a new assistant that soon replaces him while Bart and Martin create a robot seal that becomes a hit with the elderly crowd at the Springfield Retirement Center.
- Alliterative Name: Bart projects a machine known as "Homer Humiliator".
- Bi the Way: Martin has an Imagine Spot of him winning a basketball game then standing with a man and woman on each arm, tellingly he only looks at the man.
- Comically Missing the Point: Homer doesn't understand why the Homer Humiliator does mean things to him.
- Does Not Like Men: Homer's assistant Roz has a crippling dislike of men that she becomes irate if one ever touches her.
- Fun with Acronyms: The North American Man Bot Love Association. Understandably, not all members agree with the name.
- Groin Attack: One of the ways the Homer Humiliator works.
- Speak of the Devil:Martin Prince: Bully, Bart! Bully!
Bart: Bully? Where? Is it Nelson?
Martin: No, Bart. It's just an expression.
Nelson Muntz: [From Behind the Black] Who hast summoned me?
- Strange Minds Think Alike: When Roz, the woman who replaced Homer, asks how he learned she hates being hugged, Homer gives no clue other than the initials "S" and "F" and she quickly understands he means "Stupid Flanders".