After having been beaten by the Powerpuff Girls one time too many, Mojo decides to create his own superpowered children to combat them: The Rowdyruff Boys.
The Rowdyruff Boys contains examples of:
- Disney Death: When it seems the girls are defeated and killed by the boys at the end of their first fight. However, the tears from the citizens of Townsville bring them back.
- Eye Scream: Bubbles defeats a monster by flying straight through its eye.
- Fartillery: The Rowdyruff Boys use their farts to catch up with the girls, as well as create a smoke screen to disorientate them.
- Girls Have Cooties: How the boys are ultimately defeated.
- It's for a Book: Mojo pretends he is someone from Townsville Community College, doing a report on the Powerpuff Girls, in order to trick the Professor into telling him how he made the girls.
- Might as Well Not Be in Prison at All: Mojo is perfectly capable of gathering the ingredients and create the Rowdyruff Boys in prison.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Mojos eyes turn red just before his Villainous Breakdown.
- Stealth Pun: Mojo's Villainous Breakdown shows him reverting to a primal state and acting like a real monkey. He's "gone apeshit."
- Testosterone Poisoning: The Rowdyruff Boys embody every toxically masculine trait of preadolescent boys. They're significantly more violent than the girls and repeatedly call them "sissies." Inversely, their hatred of all things feminine turns out to be so great that the simple act of the girls being nice does them in.
- Toilet Humor: The extremely dirty toilet in his cell serves as Mojos source for Chemical X.
- Villainous Breakdown: After one too many embarrassing defeats at the hands of the Girls, Mojo begins thrashing about in his cell, screeching like an actual monkey.
- Villainous BSoD: Once he's calmed down, Mojo sits solemnly in his cell, moping his inability to destroy the girls. His spirit is lifted when the idea to create his own superpowered kids strikes him.