Raj's parents set him up with a young woman named Lalita, which will be a big problem given his selective mutism. Penny announces she'll be tending bar and needs to practice mixing drinks. Raj discovers he can talk to women when he's consumed alcohol.
- Brick Joke: The guys' love of Fiddler on the Roof. During the stinger, Sheldon sings songs from the play.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Howard imitates Raj to make a date with Lalita.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Sheldon is very charming to Lalita, entirely accidentally, when he compares her to Princess Poonchalli from a childhood story, and she leaves Raj for him.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Sheldon cuts off his membership to the Planetarium not because he can't afford it, but because his wallet's running out of space for cards. The service representative mistook Sheldon of being unable to afford keeping the membership because of how he worded it ("There's just no room for you in my wallet"), and when asked for a reason, Sheldon stated it was between them and the Museum of Natural History, and "Frankly, you don't have dinosaurs!"
- Formerly Fat: Lalita. Now She Is All Grown Up.
- Hypocritical Humor: Sheldon rudely tells Penny that bartenders are supposed to have people skills when she refuses to give him his drink exactly the way he wants it. This is coming from the guy with the worst people skills in the entire cast. Also, him getting on Penny's case for not providing him exactly what he wants rings hollow since he himself refused to order an actual alcoholic drink so she could practice like the others did.
- In Vino Veritas: Sheldon becomes a regular Lounge Lizard after Penny gives him "some Virgin Cuba Libres that turned out to be a little slutty".
- Wham Line: Raj's first words to Penny.