Gumball thinks Alan the balloon stood him up for a lunch date and tries to track him down, only to learn that Alan is taking his mom to the hospital for an operation.
- Accidental Murder:
- Gumball chases Alan so fast that the people he runs into (Tony, Pantsbully, Hot Dog Guy, and the sausage dog) explode. Given the cartoonishness of the show, it's unclear if they actually died.
- Gumball accidentally pops Alan's Uncle Phil. He's not dead though, as he screams when Gumball picks a piece of him up to use as a glove.
- Animal Talk: Parodied. Darwin speaks Animal, allowing him to communicate with non-anthropomorphic ducks... but all the ducks say is "bread".
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Gumball and Darwin look up how to do the transplant surgery for Alan and his mother, and it shows their organs are made of air. They also see the anatomy of other characters including The Jolly Hamburger ("The Burgensis"), Hot Dog Guy ("The Salsicia"), Sarah ("The Glacies Crepito") whose rib cage runs down her cone, Richard ("The Richard" or "Richardus") whose body is composed primarily of intestines, and Rocky ("The Pupulus") whose body contains only a human hand.
- Canis Latinicus: The organ Alan needs to donate to his mother is called a "flatulum", which is essentially bad Latin for "blower/breather/farter".
- Chekhov's Gag: Early on, there's a Smash Cut to Gumball being held back from stabbing Alan with a pencil after Alan mentioned his dad was a surgeon. Later on, Gumball knocks out Alan's father barging into Alan's hospital room, and he was the one who was supposed to perform the organ transplant.
- Here We Go Again!: After Gumball makes up for his anger toward Alan by doing the surgery, even though there are qualified doctors, Alan is grateful, but bewildered when he notices its side effect—his mother talking out of her backside instead of her mouth. Gumball goes back to being angry at Alan, accusing him of being ungrateful.
- Made of Explodium: The people who Gumball crashed through exploded, though Julius took a second.
- Not What It Looks Like: The Band-Aid Doctor comes in to see Darwin trying to re-inflate Alan and he immediately leaves in disgust.
- Shout-Out: The first minute is an homage to HowToBasic.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: After getting off the phone with Alan, Gumball starts singing and dancing, but only briefly:
- Unstoppable Rage: Gumball chases Alan to the hospital and the power of pure rage lets him run into people, causing THEM to explode without even slowing him down!