Pizzas from the pizzeria Antonio's are causing whoever eats them to become mindless zombies.
It is up to Michelangelo to save the day when Splinter, Leonardo, April, Donatello, and Raphael fall victim to the pizzas and become part of a pizza mutant's plan to eat everyone in New York.
- Appropriated Appellation:Michelangelo: The jig is up, Pizza Face!Pizza Face: Pizza Face? I like-a that! 'Cause I have a pizza for a face!
- Apologetic Attacker: Mikey does this when he fights against his pizza zombified brothers except raphMichelangelo: (to Donatello) Ooops...Sorry DMichelangelo:(to Leonardo) Oh man!Sorry Leo!Michelangelo:(to Raphael) Not sorry Raph!
- Ascended Extra: Pizza Face was originally just an action figure for the '87 series.
- Exorcist Head: After Mikey throws the living pizza in the freezer, Ice Cream Kitty turns its head 180 degrees to face it.
- Food Eats You: Pizza Face brainwashes customers who order in so they won't resist while being made into canoles. Mikey calls this his worst nightmare come true.
- Irma states that one day, she'll figure out who April's secret friends are.
- In a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment there's a pay phone with graffiti on it that says "Triceratops are here" Whoever wrote it must be going through an extremely long and humiliating moment of Cassandra Truth, because so far The Triceratons which have appeared in other TMNT incarnations have not done anything to expose themselves to the public at large, or even to The Turtles.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The scene where April is getting pizza toppings thrown in her face and sauce poured over her is... kind of suggestive.
- While watching their old badly dubbed anime: "There'll be no eating of the princess on my watch!"
- Hive Queen: Pizza Face is in control of several smaller pizzas.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Pizza Face's ultimate goal is to use his pizzas to control everyone's mind so that he can round up all the people in town and eat them.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The next morning, everyone who was zombified completely forgot about the mutant pizzas.
- Mythology Gag: The scene where Mikey collects the pizza alludes to the pizza delivery scene in the first live action film.
- Mikey once again chants "Go ninja go ninja GO!"
- Or Was It a Dream?: A first the ending implies it was a dream, only for a pizza box in Mikey's room to start moving...
- Pretend We're Dead: Mikey sneaks past the other pizza zombies with his "awesome zombie skills".
- Pungeon Master: Pizza Face's dialogue, as well as that of his minions, is full of pasta-related puns.
- Russian Reversal: Mikey describes Pizza Face as "pizza that eats you".
- Shadow Discretion Shot: Used when a living pizza force-feeds itself to April.
- Sword Drag: One of the pizza zombies does this using a pizza cutter.
- Too Dumb to Live: Canisters of a mysterious chemical fell from the sky and Antonio ate some wondering if it would make a good pizza topping.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: The Pizza Face and the pizza zombie...people things vomit up pizza toppings a LOT this episode.
- Also, the hot sauce Mikey uses is called The Devil's Vomit. A lot of Getting Crap Past the Radar in this episode.
- Was Once a Man: Pizza Face is a mutated Antonio.