Next: Supernatural S 06 E 08 All Dogs Go To Heaven
Written by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin.
Directed by Guy Bee.
Air Date: November 5, 2010.
Despite his suspicions, Dean accompanies Sam with his cousins and Samuel on a hunting trip for the alpha vampire. However, deep in the woods, things go wrong.
Body Count:For this episode = 1 human and 5 vampires.
For the series so far = At least 428 humans (of which 6 were witches), 74 demons, 33 ghosts, 26 vampires, 19 zombies, 14 gods, 11 angels, 9 hellhounds, 6 changelings, 4 shapeshifters, 3 djinn, 2 ghouls, 2 werewolves, 2 dogs, 1 crocotta, 1 lamia, 1 okami, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- Agony of the Feet: The Alpha is literally nailed to the floor. It doesn't hold him.
- Big Bad: The Alpha Vampire, who is captured by the Campbells only to escape, and Crowley, who wants to find Purgatory.
- Electric Torture: Samuel tries this on the Alpha, who's barely affected.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Samuel's reaction to Castiel, who informs him that actually his true form is the size of the Chrysler Building.
- Fanservice: Sam tied to a chair at the beginning of the episode.
- Faux Affably Evil: The Alpha Vampire is jovial and even willing to answer the boys' questions, but this is only because he's confident he'll escape and start feeding again soon.
- Femme Fatalons: The (male) Alpha Vampire uses a nail to cut his bonds.
- Ironic Echo Cut:Dean: [to Samuel] I trust you.Dean: [to Sam] I don't trust him.
- The Mole: Sam for Dean inside the Campbell's operation.
- Off with His Head!
- Recycled Script: Crowley refuses to give Sam back his soul, instead choosing to keep it to use as leverage. Sound familiar?
- Shout-Out: To The Divine Comedy, Kermit The Frog, Jaws, and Legoland.
- The Sleepless: Apparently, losing your soul means you no longer need to sleep.
- Slipped the Ropes: Dean won't untie Sam? Fine!
- Soulless Shell: When Sam was brought back from Hell, his soul got left behind in Lucifer's Cage.
- Too Dumb to Live: Samuel Campbell telling Sam and Dean they have to either kill him or get out of his way.
- Unwitting Pawn: Everyone to Crowley.