After the relief mission to Aleen is completed, R2-D2 and C-3PO attempt to report in to Padmé via hologram, but are interrupted by a Separatist attack and forced to abandon ship. However instead of utilizing an escape pod, the two droids commandeer a Y-Wing. Split up from Commander Wolffe and Republic allies, the duo attempt to navigate their way back home.
- Alien Blood: After flattening Hay-Zu after 3PO knocked him over, R2 sports a large turquoise bloodstain on his front for the rest of the episode.
- Death by Falling Over: A variant diminutive dictator Hay-Zu is killed when C-3PO accidentally knocks R2-D2 onto him.
- Falling into the Cockpit: Although R2 may be experienced in flying smaller ships, C-3PO certainly is not, and the audience is treated to a bewildered protocol droid "piloting" a Y-Wing. Points for literally tumbling into the cockpit initially as well!
- For the Evulz: This is the entire motivation of the Separatists for attacking the pirate vessel. Once notified of the existence of nearby spaceship that is possibly being used by pirates, General Grievous instantly snarls "Use that ship for for target practice! Open fire!" Granted, the crew was made up of pirates and they certainly deserved it, but the Separatists didn't bother confirming this before shooting or take into account any possible innocents aboard.
- The Gadfly: Plo Koon, when he, Adi Gallia, and Commander Wolffe catch up to R2 and 3PO:C-3PO: Yes, Commander Wolffe. How have you been, sir? We have been on quite an adventure.
Plo Koon: Well, I'm certain Wolffe would love to hear about it.
Wolffe: Uh, a-actually, sir...
- Gory Discretion Shot: We are not shown what was left of Hay-Zu after R2 fell on him.
- Lilliputians: The Pattitites, in a direct homage to the Trope Namer.
- Ludicrous Precision: C-3PO, in his typical fashion, at one point comments that he has 1.723% charge left.
- The Man Behind the Curtain: At one point, the droids are captured by a group of natives on the planet Belnab, who have an oppressive ruler who commands them in the form of an intimidating hologram. R2 quickly discovers that the hologram is a fake being operated by a group of pit droids and exposes them.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Adi Gallia and her Clone Troopers escape from Separatist custody before Plo Koon and company arrive to rescue them.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: The pirates who force droids to fight to the death are blown into space by Separatists.
- Shout-Out: This episode starts off with the moral quote being used in the theatrical film that started it all. The leader from the first planet that the droids come across physically resembles recurring Droids enemy Sisse Fromm, albeit scaled down. The second planet has a great and powerful hologram that commands the denizens there.
- Space Pirates: The droids are picked up by a band of pirates after they run out of power so they can be used in droid pit battles.
- Waking Up Elsewhere: After running out of power, the two droids are salvaged by pirates. Their wake-up after being recharged is not pleasant.