Al Gore takes the boys to Cave of the Winds and traps them inside while on the hunt for ManBearPig. Cartman discovers what he thinks is treasure which he tries to hide from the others.
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: Cave of the Winds is a real tourist attraction in Colorado.
- Balloon Belly: Cartman gets one from eating the fake treasure in the cave before crapping it out.
- Due to the Dead: A memorial service is held for the boys which Gore uses as an opportunity to claim victory over ManBearPig. This before they are discovered to have survived the cave-in.
- Freud Was Right: Invoked by a tour guide who points out many phallic-shaped stalagmites in the cave.
- Opinion Flip Flop: The boys are hesitant to help Al Gore until he says he can get them excused from school.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: During Gore's assembly, the first movement of Antonín Dvořák's New World Symphony plays.
- Reckless Gun Usage: Gore shoots the cave walls, trapping the boys.
- Take That!: Towards Gore's obsession with fighting climate change. The creators used ManBearPig as a euphemism. They later gave him an apology after climate change became too big to ignore.
- Too Many Halves: According to Gore, ManBearPig is half man, half bear and half pig.
- Verbal Tic: Gore says "cereal" instead of "serious".