When the plaza has its own film festival, K.O., Enid and Rad are sure their entry will win!
- Animesque: Potato's animation, which is about a typical anime girl just standing there.
- Cliché Storm: In-Universe, the Bodega and Box More movies are very cliche in different ways:
- Enid, Rad, and K.O.'s video is some sort of revenge movie where every line is multiple action movie quips blended together, and the result is completely nonsensical.
- The Box More robots' film is much more competently produced, but even more derivative—it was literally written with algorithms to hit every emotional high point, and thus pastiches every genre imaginable.
- Did Not Think This Through: Mr. Gar made the trophy out of plutonium because it was cheaper than gold. The Boxmore robots plan to use it to blow up the Plaza.
- Harsh Word Impact: Every time Rad, Enid and K.O. criticize a film, their words turn into large blocks that fall on top of those who made it. When their film runs, they are pinned down by the audience's own critiques, and can only get off from under them by accepting the criticisms so that they disappear (and destroying the ones that are blatantly stupid). Inversely, the boxbots are lifted up on a pillar of cloudlike praise, which the Bodegans did for themselves earlier in the episode.
- Incestuous Casting: In-universe, Raymond and Shannon are shown doing the Meet Cute in the Box More movie.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After dismissing everybody else's films, K.O., Rad, and Enid are bombarded with criticisms over how derivative and poorly made their film is.
- Le Film Artistique: Crinkly Wrinkly's film is just artsy shots of him doing random stuff. It's even untitled.
- Pyrrhic Victory : The Boxmore robots win the trophy and use it to blow up the Plaza, thought they blow themselves up in the process.
- Spoof Aesop: After the Boxmore robots drop the plutonium trophy and blow up both themselves and the plaza, Mr. Gar quips "This is what you get for talking through the movie."
- Stylistic Suck: All of the films except from Boxmore are amateurishly shot.
- Take That!: Boxmore's film logo looks similar to 20th Century Fox, and the bots' film is a derivative Cliché Storm specifically designed as a crowd-pleaser (Shannon even uses the word "tropes"), alluding to Fox's history of Executive Meddling and playing it safe. Rad even says the film has no artistic integrity.
- Troperiffic: Shannon explains their movie was "algorithmically generated to hit all the most crowd-pleasing movie tropes".