My Superhero University | Season 01, Episode 04: Does The Pain Weigh Out The Pride
Flora: Good morning, class. Of course I actually think it's a terrible morning, but I suppose that's what we're expected to say to maintain the social order. Such is life. Now, who can tell me the first thing they know about Droseraceae? Before I begin wilting out of boredom?
Dante: IT'S JAE LEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm, like, your biggest Italian fan, Jae Lee! I've always listened to K-pop since I was a wee preteen. The years when you entered the scene were the best years I've ever lived, and they still are, now that you are here...
Jae: Charming... first impression...No matter. I can get a new one. It was having some technical difficulties anyway. Much like your tumorous shoulders.
Renegade: Oh right, how rude I didn't introduce myself...My name is Renegade, now say ahhhh...Try and leave a few alive, I really want to make a Cruella de Vil style coat.
Xenocide: Ohh, I intend to, I intend to. I look forward to burning Saint's legacy of peace to a smoldering ruin. Let everyone see the future - and be burned by its genocidal flames.
Nathanial: Mutts like you should learn your place. If you continue to not understand that then, you will have to punished.
Shane: And no matter what we're doing, you're doing so with us. So don't give us that kind of "or I'll have to go do something myself".
Anton: But her family held the adulation of the dead, the living, and even some gods. They overshadowed my family's merit, so I devoted my time to wiping them out. How, in all the world, could a half-blooded whelp be a spirit-channeling prodigy? I have to rectify this, you see. Anyone giving love or respect or kindness to an Alastor must perish. Their taint must not spread.
Ellie: (Showing the general spirit of the students) Fuck strategy. I'm not gonna let them hurt anyone else!
Ever Green: God damn it Dante. Every fucking time.
Mahvash: You're new...Fancy show you have here too. Tell me your name please.
Sally: Someone...help me...please...
- Short Synopsis: The students are halfway through a class when, naturally, villains attack. Simple as that.
- First Post: 26 April 2019
- Webcomic Time: 22 November 2019
Tropes - Unmarked Spoilers Below
- Achilles In Her Tent: Mahvash is hardly angry at her squad, but she does just up and skip Flora's class rather than deal with another Apathetic Teacher over something Ever Green could teach anyway. She ends up missing most of the new villains' rampage.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: What the students' counterattack amounts to.
- Apathetic Teachers: Most recently demonstrated by Flora. They also arrive after the disaster. Martin facepalms and Mahvash skips the class outright.
- The Bad Guy Wins: The new group attack the heroes, wound many, eviscerate one who won't be returning and all get away scott free, only one of them leaving a name.
- Breaking the Fellowship: Squad One loses members twice over with the departure of the experienced Zach and Yoko and then the quick entry/exit of Jae.
- Celebrity Superhero: Jae tried to move from celebrity to superhero. Tried.
- Dented Iron: The line-up has changed again. The students of the university are largely comprised of veterans of the Gaea-Nazi attack, missing a couple who were instrumental in repelling it. A handful are old hands who also defeated the Lethal Legion. They have one cohesive squad to carry out complex operations and one battering ram squad that only needs to be pointed toward the enemy. Except one key member of the battering ram squad is on the verge of breaking and another has been drained of something. And the cohesive squad has a spy among them and kind of split without its head. At least seven students have been targeted as 'wedges' by the Evil Genius, one of which has already been defeated. Squad 1 has had half its members turn over, which also left one of the remaining members (Sam) isolated. Squad 4 remains a mass of individuals. Its very likely that Saint's last students can fall to a Death of a Thousand Cuts.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: The new group is distinct from the guardians and does just come out of nowhere. Mahvash at least gets a name to start to track them down.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: Dante vs Xenocide. Dante loses.
- Hollywood Tactics: The students reject Shane's and Jae's attempt at tactics, even after Jumping Bean gives them a faraway view of the situation.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Dante's masks fuse just in time note for him to jump back in the fight. Ryuu switches from wind dragon to soul thief. Perry goes from medium to The Chosen One and the scion of a reaper with a new sacred weapon.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: At least this is how Mahvash's treats everyone's reaction to her pieces sloughing off and poisoning the space around.
- Mun Danger: Between zombies and energy beings in armor, Sally comes this close to getting a Glasgow Grin.
- Retcon: Hawk went from being Perry's horrible father to the guy who killed him and took his place. And only belatedly got around to killing her.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Amalgamate, the moment he sees Wren change.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Shane and Jae for a time. And still between Shane and Dante.
- Small Name, Big Ego: The Team. Its typical of MSA/MSU villains, but these bunch really play themselves up.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Renegade begins one with fallen werewolves.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Jae leaves after one rather gruesome injury. Even Shane can't blame him.