- Abandoned Hospital: The group expects the hospital to be flooded after the attack, but nobodys there, including Dan.
- An Axe to Grind: During the attack at school, the group are trapped in the auditorium when Ava spots a fire axe. Buying it allows Devon to fight back against the vine monsters, as well as join the armory.
- Big Damn Heroes: Connor comes to the rescue at the school to save the group, but gets injured in the process.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: All of Mr. Reds living victims that were in comas come back like this with ash gray skin and red eyes, including Dan.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Stacy finally tells her mother shes sick of being treated like a scandal waiting to happen or that shes treated more as the Mayors daughter than a person. Telling Stacy to do so gets her a big +8 gain to Nerve. Devon can also do it to her if they choose,
- Chairman of the Brawl: One of the first choices of the chapter allows Devon to smack a vine monster with a chair, giving them Nerve points.
- Chekhov's Armory: All the weapons and pets that Devon collected throughout the book come back in a big way. The barbwire bat, pole saw, aerosol-lighter combo and the fire axe are gathered up by Devon. Hilda, the cat and the moss monster also join if they were recruited. All of these give nerve boosts to the group.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: After getting out of school, Devon says they gotta run when Lucas reminds them they came in a rental limo.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: At the hospital, Stacy is looking for a charger to call her mom since she lost her purse and the phones dead. Devon can tell her to calm down, making her snap that they have it easy since their parents arent in the country. Devon tells her to breathe and relax, and theres a charger behind her.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Jocelyn puts up a barricade of tables, getting hurt in the process.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Devon can save Noah and gain +3 Nerve points for him by killing a vine monster with a microphone stand.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Comforting Stacy has her ruin Devons suit or dress. They can say Snot a big deal, having her laugh and call it gross.
- Le Parkour: If Devon doesnt get the axe, they can choose to climb over the chairs while running.Devon: Parkour videos, dont fail me now.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: Talking with Lucas asks him if life will ever be normal. Devon can say that it wont be the same now that vine monsters attacking will be public knowledge.
- Off with His Head!: If Devon gets the axe, they use it to behead the vine monster in the auditorium.
- Police are Useless: At the hospital when they see Dans gone, they wonder where the cops are. Inverted in that theyre at the school and not the hospital.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: If Devon doesnt have the fire axe, they use themselves as a distraction for a vine monster. Choosing to punch it only hurts their hand and costs Devon -3 Nerve.
- Rousing Speech: At the hospital, Connor urges Devon to give each of the group one of these, with each one costing 30 diamonds, but also gaining huge Nerve bonuses.
- Take a Third Option: At the hospital as Lucas and Noah argue what to do, siding with one gives +3 Nerve and -3 for the other. The third option gives both of them +3.
- [Verb] This!: If Devon gets the axe, they shout out CRASH THIS! before killing the vine monster.
- Wastebasket Ball: Talking to Ava at the hospital has her ripping pages out of magazines and playing this.
- Worst. Whatever. Ever!: After getting out of the auditorium if you didnt get the axe, Noah says Worst. Assembly. Ever.
- You Should Have Died Instead: Noah feels like he shouldve died instead of Jane.
Recap / It Lives In The Woods Chapter 13 Fight Or Flight