Airdate: Monday, February 25, 2002
Strong Bad and his posse can't find The Cheat. Homestar Runner makes Marzipan a sandwich, which she immediately falls in love with and names Homestar Jr.
- Accidental Misnaming: Homsar annoys Bubs by calling him "Tubs".
- Adopt the Food: Played for Laughs. Homestar makes Marzipan a veggie burger and decorates it to have a little face. Upon delivering the sandwich to her, she decides that it's too cute to eat and starts treating it like a living thing. She even names it and interprets Homestar talking to her as the sandwich talking to her, much to Homestar's annoyance.
- Calvinball: Homsar seems to treat his game of Connect Four with Strong Sad like this:Homsar: Oh no! You shanked my Jengaship!Strong Sad: I shanked your Jengaship? We're playing Connect Four.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Homestar tries to convince Marzipan to put down Homestar Jr., she seems to think the sandwich is talking to her.Marzipan: Homestar Junior's talking now! He said "put that freakin' sandwich down!"
- Companion Cube: Marzipan becomes increasingly obsessed with the "veggie burger with kind-of-a-face" Homestar made for her, to the point of nicknaming it "Homestar Jr." and constantly gushing about how cute he is.
- Continuity Nod:
- "Could Have Avoided This!" Plot: The cast spends most of the episode searching for The Cheat simply because Strong Bad didn't bother to check the place where The Cheat lives, as a confused Coach Z points out.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Bubs's reaction to Homsar calling him "Tubs".Bubs: Don't you talk to me!
- Funny Background Event: When it cuts from Strong Sad back to Strong Bad, you can just hear Strong Sad moaning the phrase "Tonight is my night to play caaardinal sins" over the phone.
- It Kind of Looks Like a Face: The sandwich "Homestar Jr.", with two olives on top as eyes and the veggie patty as its mouth.
- Medium Awareness: Strong Bad reassures Strong Mad by telling him "Don't worry, big guy, we'll cut to a montage. I mean, find the Cheat."
- Not What It Looks Like: Coach Z immediately assumes the King of Town is "gonna eat the Chort" when he sees the Cheat asleep on the KoT's grill. Turns out the King of Town's grill is where the Cheat lives.
- Overly Long Gag: The scenes with Marzipan gushing over "Homestar Jr."
- Parody Commercial: The cartoon ends with a stinger featuring a deadpan announcer advertising the "Homestar Jr." as if it were a lunch special at a family-style diner chain.Announcer: For a limited time only, certain children get prizes. Pay 99 cents.
- Punched Across the Room: Strong Mad punches the King of Town into the wall of his own castle to "rescue" the Cheat.
- The Un-Reveal: Strong Bad prepares to explain why he didn't think to check the King of Town's grill for the Cheat, when Marzipan interrupts to talk about Homestar Jr. some more.
- Verbal Backspace: When Homestar walks in with Marizpan's lunch:Homestar: Hey, stupid! I brought you this stuff! I mean, I brought you this veggie burger.
- You Are Fat: Homsar's Accidental Misnaming of Bubs comes out as "Tubs".