- Story Arc: Avalon Mystic Tour
- Characters: Goliath, Elisa, Angela, Bronx, Diane, Fara Maku, Tea
- Enemy(ies) : Anansi
The group arrives in Nigeria, where Elisa was surprised to see her mother, Diane. Things go bad when Diane's old friend, Fara Maku, gets attacked by his former love, Tea, who was leading a group of panther poachers. To everyone's surprise, Fara Maku turns into a panther himself and runs off into the jungle with Tea in hot pursuit. Goliath, Angela, and Bronx reveal themselves to save Elisa and Diane from the poachers before going off to search for Fara Maku and Tea. They find the cause of everything was Anansi, a giant spider monster.
This Episode contains the following Tropes:
- The Atoner: Unable to break the curse, Faku Maku and Tea dedicate themselves to protecting the jungle; the former to atone for cursing Tea, and the latter to atone for her actions with the poachers.
- Bad Liar: Elisa tries to claim she's in Africa working a case. Diane immediately calls her on it.
- Create Your Own Villain: Tea became Faku Maku's enemy after he gave her the mark so she wouldn't leave him. And also had her lead a group of poachers.
- Deal with the Devil: Fara Maku sought out Anansi to become a werepanther so he could give the mark to Tea in order to keep her by her side. In exchange, he must hunt for him.
- Diane smothers Elisa (that's Elisa's opinion at least). Goliath keeps Angela at a distance, as it is custom to not favor one child over another.
- Similarly, Elisa and Angela. The former is sick of the constant attention and involvement, while the latter practically craves it.
- Giant Spider: Anansi has grown fatter than a car from all the hunting down on its behalf.
- Hypocrite: Goliath believes that Elisa shouldn't keep secrets from her mother.Angela: You're right. Parents and children should always be able to discuss anything.
- My Beloved Smother: Elisa views her mother Diane this way because she always wants more; "More time, more answers" etc. It's one of the reasons she dumps her on Goliath to keep an eye on her.
- Not Quite Dead: After Goliath impales Anansi, a little spider is shown crawling away unnoticed.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: In this case Werepanthers. A werepanther transformation turns one affected by it into the form of an average not any sort of bipedal beast like form. The transformation into the panther form is generally from being in a state of anger.
- Parental Neglect: Goliath is reluctant to fully acknowledge Angela as his daughter because "the Gargoyle Way" dictates one hatchling not get special attention over another, even if that one is biologically his. Diane points out that all children need special attention every now and then and that it wouldn't be a disservice to the others if Goliath paid special attention to the child that's actually with him.
- So Proud of You: Goliath give this to Angela after defeating Anansi, and at the same time finally acknowledges her as his daughter.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Or spiders in this case for Diane.