Bean: It's also impolite to totally scam your daughter, but that didn't seem stop you.
Bean and her mother get to her kingdom, Maru, and Bean starts noticing something weird about that side of the family.
Oona, having survived Dreamland, gets on Dagmar's ship and warn Bean about her, but is captured and thrown in the sea after a struggle with Dagmar in which she stole her pendant. Dagmar reveals that she has Luci bottled up.
Getting to Maru, Dagmar introduces Bean to her siblings, the Enchantress (Rebecca) and Cloyd. Bean learns that the Kingdom has been facing hard times in the last 20 years due to mismanagement. Bean is scared of the strange behavior of her new aunt and uncle, which her mother dismisses. Meanwhile, Dagmar puts Luci in a bigger bottle and sends him away to a secret room.
Off one night, she tries to go drinking, but ends up meeting a strange old lady that talks about a prophecy and scratches her, telling she was chosen to make their country great again. Bean runs away and during dinner with her family, they schedule a ceremony to receive her officially into their midst. Bean leaves the dinner to investigate a room she was forbidden to enter, only to find a very strange portrait of her over an altar with cut-off arms as what seems to be a sacrifice in a room called "Prophecy Fulfillment Room". She immediately passes out and wakes up in the library surrounded by her family, and tries to get her mother into that room again, only to see it was entirely changed with a portrait of her grandmother instead.
During the night, Bean, now having befriended Jerry, finds that the portrait was taken from another room, and in the Prophecy room, finds a secret door to yet another strange room, now filled with bizarre trinkets, the missing portrait and the stonification potion. She takes evidence to warn her mother, but she dismisses, leading Bean to realize she was behind everything.
Alone and forced to undergo a ceremony that might sacrifice her, Jerry switches places with Bean, allowing her to go search for Luci. She finds him, but during the ceremony, the jig is up and Dagmar kills Jerry, and with Becca and Cloyd, they find Bean in the secret room. While Bean and Luci find each other, the three siblings look for her there, when she is found, she destroys the entire room by throwing the cases one against the other and pooling a strange liquid in the room.
Holding a candle, Dagmar tempts Bean with the idea of throwing the candle into the flammable liquid and letting her own mother blow up, confessing she herself killed her parents when she was younger. Bean refuses, saying she is better than her mother, but when Luci opens the door pushing Bean, she drops the candle accidentally and her mother blows up anyway.
Bean and Luci run to save Jerry only to find him dead, though the Oracle Fire reveals that Elfo is in heaven. Luci reveals that if Elfo gets to Hell, he can find a way to bring him back to life. Luci opens a staircase to hell for them to go down and kicks Luci into Hell. Dagmar returns and fights Bean, but Jerry wakes up and hits her with the hammer before dying. Luci jumps into the closing door to Hell and yells for Luci.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: It's revealed that Dagmar is really working together with The Enchantress and Cloyd, though it actually seems that she might be the most competent and threatening of the three.
- Bookcase Passage: Double subverted: Bean pulls on a candle holder thinking that it might open a secret passage. Instead, the candles fall onto the floor... whereupon one of them immediately immolates a tapestry that was hiding a door.
- Cain and Abel: Dagmar fatally wounds Jerry, with the implication that she, Cloyd and Becky have done this before, and she's perfectly willing to do it again.Cloyd: Jeez, Dag, you killed our littlest brother!Dagmar: And that's you now, so shut up!
- Cement Shoes: When Oona is caught sneaking on board Dagmar's ship, she is thrown overboard with an anchor tied to her legs. She attempts to drag Dagmar along, but fails. She does manage to snag the Eternity Pendant, however.
- Chekhov's Gun:
- Jerry and his hammer.
- Cloyd's demon costume.
- Cliffhanger: Whether Dagmar is dead or not is unknown, and Bean is stranded in Hell, not knowing where Luci is.
- Continuity Nod: Oona's reaction to being sunk is just to say "is death. Or is?" as she did back in the visit to Dankmire.
- Crown of Horns: As shown in the pic, Bean was about to receive a permanent one (the crown had screws inside that they use to screw it onto your skull).
- Disaster Dominoes: While fleeing from her mom, aunt and uncle, Bean causes the bookshelves in the library to topple over like dominoes.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Elfo's communication problem are meant to mimic a not working cellphone call.
- Dramatic Irony: Bean keeps trusting her mother and running to her for help, unaware that she is the head of the enemy.
- Gaslighting: When Bean passes out in the prophecy room, Becca, Cloyd and Dagmar invent a lie that the room was never there, and that she never entered the room to begin with, having simply come back for desert and slept on the library. When Bean swears for it, Dagmar says she might be getting the craziness that is in the family.
- Given Name Reveal: The Enchantress's name is revealed to be Becky, or Rebecca as she prefers.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: We get a few more hints as to what it is Cloyd, the Enchantress and Dagmar want. Which is to have Bean fulfil a prophecy and restore Maru to its former glory, the specifics of which still remain a mystery.
- Idiot Ball: The episode reveals Bean knows that the stone curse was used against Dreamland. The same curse that Big Joe told her was used by Maru against Cremorrah. Yet it takes her almost the entire episode to put it together that...you know...Maru was responsible for what happened in Dreamland, not Oona.
- In the Blood: Turns out murderous insanity runs in Dagmar's side of the family. And just insanity in general.
- Internal Reveal: Bean finally learns that her mother is evil and was the one to petrify the people in Dreamland.
- It Is Pronounced Tropay: Bean mispronounces "sconce". Jerry corrects her.
- Leitmotif: This episode introduces a creepy music-box theme which will be associated with Dagmar for the rest of the season.
- No-Sell: Oona gets dumped into the ocean by Dagmar and her goons. Since Oona's an amphibian, it doesn't kill her.
- The Reveal:
- We learn that not only was Dagmar in Cahoots with The Enchantress and Cloyd, but the three of them are actually siblings. Also, Jerry is their brother.
- Dagmar was the one who trapped Luci in a bottle.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Zog manages to piss off Vip and Vap, the only 2 non-petrified people left in Dreamland besides him, to the point that they abandon him.
- Spanner in the Works: Jerry foils the aforementioned gaslighting simply by noticing one of the pictures in the family archive is missing, and looking for it in the closet.