Gene starts a band with his siblings and classmates, but soon finds Daryl taking over and kicking Gene out for not taking music seriously enough. Meanwhile, Linda deals with the mother of all rashes.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Gene is ready to give up on music after struggling to practice, but gets over it with a little encouragement from his sisters.
- Failed Attempt at Drama: After learning that Darryl, Rudy, and Peter are kicking him and his sisters out of his own band, Gene tries to angrily slam the door to the music room. Unfortunately for him, the door closer prevents that.Gene: Stupid safety... door-closing... thing!
- Person as Verb: After Linda learns Gene was kicked out of his own band, she says he was "David Lee Roth-ed".
- Running Gag: Linda keeps getting teased about her hairy armpits.
- Shout-Out: During his "I Don't Need Music" number, Gene dances on a giant keyboard.
- Title Drop: "Itty Bitty Ditty Committee" is the name Gene picks for his band.
- Too Much Information: Linda isn't shy about telling customers about her armpit rash.