On his parents' wedding anniversary, Jules surprises them with a spectacular present — two tickets for the McFly space cruiser Marty far in the future. However, Jules' newest invention shows him and Verne a news story that the ship will be lost in space with all hands. The Brown family scrambles to prevent this future and be reunited.
- Celebrity Impersonator: One of the entertainers on the ship is a man called "Jimmy", who is hired to copy Marty's act.
- Continuity Nod:
- Family Theme Naming:
- The Tannen who sabotages the Marty is called Ziff, continuing the tradition from Biff and Griff.
- Presumably Marta McFly is named in reference to her great-grandfather Marty.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs: Clara asks Marty (actually an Celebrity Impersonator), "How off the Earth did you get here?"
- Shout-Out: Verne tries telling someone that their parents are going to be lost in space. He responds, "An unlikely scenario, but a good idea for a television program."
- Something Completely Different: The episode is largely set in the future (2091 specifically), whereas other episodes only traveled to the past.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When the captain of the ship, Marta, gets a frantic call about Ziff's sabotage from the bridge, she tells everyone to relax and not worry. "It's not like we're gonna crash or anything."
- Tear Off Your Face: Doc and Clara see a musician who looks like Marty and go over to talk to him. "Marty" pulls off his face, revealing himself to be an actor (who is actually not very happy about the role or the Loony Fans who apparently come with it.)
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Jules just intended to give his parents a spectacular anniversary present. Instead, he wound up almost getting them killed.
- We Need a Distraction: Marta gets nervous about how to keep the guests from panicking when she's called away to deal with the sabotage. Marty impersonator Jimmy offers to do another song to keep them distracted while she tries to deal with it.