- The Illusion Card, particularly when Sakura first encounters it. In both the manga and the anime, it poses as Sakura's late mother, and nearly lures her to her demise; had Yukito not shown up and saved her, Sakura would be dead.
- The anime actually tones it down; the Illusion simply lures Sakura into walking off a cliff, and the actual spirit of Sakura's mother appears and slows her fall down enough so Yukito can safely catch her. In the manga, the Illusion actually lures Sakura to a lake and tries to drown her.
- The Erase card is encountered when it started erasing the students during the Test of Courage in the cave. If Sakura hadn't captured it in time the people erased by it would had been erased permanently.
- The Create Card, which in Naoko's hands creates a colossal dragon that normal magic has no effect on and is only stopped because Naoko closed the book the card manifests as. Seriously, take a look at this◊ and keep in mind that not even Sakura using the Big Card on herself was enough to defeat it.
- The Shoot Card adds a healthy amount of Adult Fear into the show as everyone talks about a student having the Shoot Card as if it were a kid who got their hands on their dad's gun. And when Meiling accidentally uses it on Syaorannote it proves the panic to be well founded when it almost kills him.
- The Freeze Card makes its entrance by slowly lowering the temperature (indoors) to below zero before encasing everyone in ice. Sakura and Syaoran are protected by their magic, but it still comes dangerously close to freezing over Sakura and the Sealing Staff. The only silver lining is that Harmless Freezing was in full effect and no one was harmed.
- Some of Eriol's tests in an attempt to help make Sakura stronger would had been fatal or at least badly injured people, like Rika almost drowning during episode 63 and Sakura and Eriol nearly being killed by a avalanche during episode 64. Fortunately, Eriol would have stopped the events if they got out of hand, but Sakura and co don't know that.
- The Nothing Card in the second movie. She may be cute as a doll and somewhat justified in her reasoning, but she also came across a Creepy Child Stalker with a Crush. The perfectly stoic expression she has as she essentially commits mass genocide probably doesn't help.
- The Sword card is one of the first cards to target and attack Sakura directly. And by directly we mean disguise itself as a brooch, brainwash one of Sakura's friends and then attack. Sakura comments that her friend is in the fourth grade, same as her, and had never even touched a sword before. Thanks to the cards power the 4th grader now has all the skill of a master swordsman and is slashing and thrusting to kill. In short order her Brainwashed and Crazy friend has given Sakura a Close-Call Haircut, punched a hole through a solid wood wall, and nearly broke down the front door when Sakura tried to escape. It's only thanks to Sakura's natural athleticism that she wasn't killed multiple times during the fight.
- The unusual take on It's a Wonderful Plot that Yue subjects Sakura too when she nearly loses the Final Judgement. She awakens in a world where the strongest relationships of her loved ones have been removed as compensation for her failure. Kero and Yukito are both absent, Nadeshiko's photograph is not on display in the Kinomoto household, Tomoyo acts more like a casual schoolmate than Sakura's devoted friend, Syaoran is cold and distant, and Toya is open and straightforward with Sakura, minus his usual teasing. During all this, Sakura grows increasingly puzzled by what is happening around her, noting the change in relationships, the increasing lack of care and concern others have for one another, and feels increasingly isolated. Tomoyo walks off at the end of the school day without sticking around to film Sakura whilst cheerleading. Sakura wanders off, finding herself outside the ruins of Yukito's house, exploring them, and bursts into tears without understanding why. Imagine going through something like this, waking up in a world that feels different, where your relationships feel colder and distant, and you don't understand why, as this has (in your altered memory) always been how it is.
Nightmare Fuel / Cardcaptor Sakura